JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to have a Taurus 41 mag it rarely fired every round that was chambered. My buddy has a few Taurus in 357 has never had a problem with any of his. I think there may just be some qc issues at the factory. Also my grandfather sells guns at a wholesale sports in Montana, he says they have a few taurus s come back for malfunctioning issues even one where the barrel fell off! Then there is also my brother in law who sells guns at a pawn shop he swears by Taurus! Says they never get any returns. I always say if you like the way it feels when you shoot it and you feel like its reliable it's a good gun for you!

Well, on the advice of a friend who's an FFL and an avid shooter, I just bought the Taurus knockoff of the Ruger LCP called the TCP.

I did NOT buy this gun on price (But it WAS cheaper).

My experience with this gun is that:

1. The sights are FAR superior to the LCP.
2. The trigger doesn't begin to compare. -11+ pounds on the LCP (probably to comply with the Mass and California requirements) vs the 6 -7 pound trigger on the TCP.
3. Price is $40 cheaper period.

Everything else is the same. This is a blatant knockoff of the LCP in every way except it simply performs better. I just spent 100 rounds of testing with this gun and I was putting 7 in the headshot ring at 21 feet without difficulty well before the end of the session. BUY THIS GUN, As a BUG or the gun you carry when you can't be bothered to carry your regular gun, this is VERY hard to beat.
-Bill

I love my taurus guns. I have owned or still own the following list.

PT92
PT1911
24/7 9mm
PT940

None of my taurus guns have ever had problems and have always worked flawlessly. I will be buying another taurus soon.

The greatest form of flattery....should be Taurus mission statement. They seem to copy everyone else designs. I don't hate them, I just think you get what you pay for. They don't make total crap, but they also don't come to mind when I think of fine quality crafted firearms.

My wife has a habit of buying cheap guns. Her PT1911 cost her $589. My MC operator cost me $1139. I took the two apart and the difference is obvious. I could not for the life of my get that damn factory grease out of her PT1911, it always came back. The barrel link pin fell out upon initial disassembly. The finish on the barrel was spotty. HOWEVER, pt1911 ran like a champ, it was 10oz lighter than my all steel operator and more controllable. More accurate with cheap ammo. You get what you pay for. Personally, I like guns that hold their value better. It's like Hyundai vs Toyota.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top