JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the spread, 9 1/2 in favor of the Ducks in Eugene? Tough place to play for Corvallis. I want the Beavers to win but I think the Ducks will take it by a touchdown.

First and only C.W. game I ever went to was in Autzen in 1987 with my brother and his friends that were all OSU students (I was living in Eugene at the time.) The alcohol helped make the game enjoyable.

I would have felt much better about Oregon winning if that thug LeGarette Blunt had not played. I would have preferred OSU to win, but I would have preferred Blunt kept his cheap-shot taking, thug self in the stands where he belonged.

I would have felt much better about Oregon winning if that thug LeGarette Blunt had not played...

I'm with you...Not one of Chippies finer moments...It kinda soured my excitement about the win.
Most of the other 70 guys watching (in the Church) with me felt the same way...it got pretty quiet when he came into the game!
The Ducks dont need him...Hope they dont use him in the Rose Bowl. :cool:

Good Game! Good luck in the Vegas Bowl...I'll be watching the Beavers win it! :s0155:

I don't care for Blount at all, low class character if you ask me. BUT, and this was from awhile back, I will give some credit (even knowing part of it is a smoke screen)- Blount does have a possible future in front of him. Yes he F'd up and there should be consequences, but if everytime people screw up they're done for there never will be a change in the bigger picture. IF Blount can learn from this and continue to be a good football player more power.

Curious what else Blount did besides sucker punch a taunting opponent who probably deserved a whack and go after taunting fans (once.) Did he drive drunk? Did he get charged with theft or taking bribes? There have been a few "horrible character" comments and I'd like to understand what that's based off of.

A player received a half-game suspension earlier this year for trying to gouge out the eyes of an opponent. I don't hear calls for his head on a platter. Another one just got busted for DUI and is probably playing today in the Florida/Alabama game still. I think Blount - compared to other players - took his lumps accordingly and is doing what he's told. I think the sucker punch was a weak move, but not even close to reason to destroy his future career.

This is not about Blount I don't think he should of been suspended for the season but if that was the decesion made then stick to it. What drives me crazy about the sitution is they do this all the time say something then six month later oh but now it is different it is the Eugene mentality values and ethics depend on the moment.

Blunt ran his mouth for a year before that Boise St. game. Then when a BSU player had the audacity to call him on it AFTER the game, he sucker punched the guy who was without a helmet (not in the heat of battle, if he had that much energy left after the game, he didn't play hard enough). Then he left his helmet on to protect himself and taunted the guy he just punched. After that when the fans called him on what a punk move it was, he went berserk and tried to go into the stands. He had to be restrained by several of the coaching staff and local LEO's. he would not calm down, nor listen to the LEO's instructions to go to the locker room. So we have assault, then we have failure to obey an LEO. That's just from this incident. He had prior discipline issues on the team and had already been suspended during spring practice.

It just seems like he got what he deserved when he got suspended for the year. Then when the ducks coaching staff realized they had a shot to go to the Rose Bowl, they snuck him back in to help their chances.

Contrary to popular opinion, the season long suspension didn't "doom" his future. It simply made it more difficult. He is a talented football player. He should have finished school (he obviously could use some more intelligence), then go play in the CFL, USFL, or NFL Europe or something for a year. Prove he was no longer an idiot, then get his shot when he earned it. The whole situation just looks bad for the UO football program.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top