JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
U.S. Air Force, 1969 --1975, E5
Cryptologist

Had a Senior Master Sargent (E8) tell me I should have my stripes put on with velcro but damn I was good at what I did.
Didn't seem like a place I would make a career of but am still proud to have done it....

Unites States Marine Corps : 1985-1989
Primary MOS 7051 Crash Fire Rescue (Oshkosh P-19)
Secondary MOS 8151 Guard (M16A1)
No deployments, a few plane crashes, mostly Harriers...

Oregon Army National Guard : 2004-2010
Primary MOS 11B Infantry
Deployments to Katrina and Afghanistan, Mazar E Sharif and Kandahar
Rifleman (M4), Machine Gunner (240B and M2), Designated Marksman (M14)
Bradley Gunner (Bushmaster 25mm cannon)

Oorah or Hooah, its all good... :)

Yeah...ALPAT....at least those 378s didn't roll much!!!!!!!:s0114::s0114: Didn't know the 717 moved to Seattle. She was with us in Honolulu when I was there.

LOL, yeah, not like the black bottom buoy boats. I really felt for those guys. When I was on helm, I achieved 9 bell rings in an hour. There is no feeling like standing on the deck, looking to the port or starboard and seeing nothing but water on the wings, ie staring straight down at water.
After the boats came out of FRAM, (they did away with the torps and sonar) the home ports were changed up a bit. Mellon went to Seattle and the Rush went to Honolulu. It seems now that has even changed.

E7, chief Torpedoman ,retired, 1960-1982, We have done so much, with so little, for so long that now we can do anything ,with nothing, indefinitely

Ah, I remember that quote well - it began 'We, the unknowing, lead by the uncaring, have been doing so much with so little for so long, that we can now do everything with nothing at all...'

tac

How about a bucket of prop wash, send a guy over to a buoy boat for a length of shoreline, don't forget that special tool "the DC punch), and for the engineers "got to send you over to the other 378 to borrow their key to the sea chest because we broke ours", "we are expecting a mail drop at any time, we need you to stand out on the flight deck and watch for the mail plane."

How about a bucket of prop wash, send a guy over to a buoy boat for a length of shoreline, don't forget that special tool "the DC punch), and for the engineers "got to send you over to the other 378 to borrow their key to the sea chest because we broke ours", "we are expecting a mail drop at any time, we need you to stand out on the flight deck and watch for the mail plane."

HAHAA YES! Once on Ocean Station November we sent a boot to the bow with his helmet, PFD, binocs and a boathook. He got to his "Post", put on his sound-powered phones,and plugged into the 1JC circuit and reported to the bridge..."Mail buoy watch set...sir":s0114::s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top