JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well and the truth of the matter is I do not have any gold and silver here to grab. My precious metals are stored in another state for just that reason. If things are bad enough here that I need them, then I wont be here anyway. I have been fortunate enough to make extensive preparations and the ability to maintain them. I have several tons of food, over a 1000 gallons of fresh water on hand (and the shop is directly between the white and green rivers) I have cashe's in two states and things stored with family and friends. I could walk away from everything at one location and still have a considerable amount of resources. I think that is part of the key. I buy gold and silver as a long term way to bet against the dollar, not because I think it will be the end all be all if the end of the world shows up. However It is a great way to concentrate value for easy storage, especially if you dont believe in having money in the bank. I did purchase a considerable amount of 90% US coins for the possibility they may be useful for barter, however if that day never comes they serve the same as other bullion.

There is only so much food, firearms and ammo a guy can have, I had all those covered to excess before I ever bought an ounce of silver. I have an easy 100K rounds set aside stored in multiple locations and can outfit every close friend and relative in the area I have with a firearm and several cases of ammo. At what point does it become silly to contribute to that pile rather than invest in diversification and wealth protection?

There may come a day when I can look back and see that everything I did was wrong (or at the very least unnecessary) But I have done everything that I have within my power to do. At least if we do have some sort of disaster, war, collapse or what ever I have done what I could to help not just myself but my community. I would like to relocate, but currently that is not possible. I am still making plans on doing it when it does become feasible but I am also aware it may never be feasible.

What all that effort and expense has done for me has allowed my to go on without having to be concerned about what if's. I may have done everything wrong. Maybe it's not enough. It was everything I could do. I know there is little more I could have done so that is enough to give me peace of mind, know that come what may I did everything I could think of.

I am as ready as I can be (within the limits of my ability and finances) for as broad of range of problems as I could think of. Bring it on.... Or not. Either way I'll suit up and show up and be the best member of my community that I can be.

I really think that last part is key. I have done a tremendous amount of good will work for locals. In the end that my do more than all the supplies and preparations in the world.

Naw, show is already in the second act and the suspense is killing me!

Well, it ain't Burger King and your not going to have it your way.:D The riots have started and this summer should be very interesting. When will it escalate to violence to the average man all depends on where you live. I see by what they are doing at the banks and cash it will be very hard to run.o_O

I know, and the longer it goes on the less sure I am that I have any understanding of the world and what may happen. When I knew next to nothing I felt I understood things pretty well. Now that I have spent half a decade reading hundreds of books and thousands of hours online I feel I know and understand next to nothing, or at the very least that what I do know has any resemblance to reality

I know, and the longer it goes on the less sure I am that I have any understanding of the world and what may happen. When I knew next to nothing I felt I understood things pretty well. Now that I have spent half a decade reading hundreds of books and thousands of hours online I feel I know and understand next to nothing, or at the very least that what I do know has any resemblance to reality

Cause you base your life in reality.:D Things are no longer reality, numbers are no longer real and most that happens is manipulated against reality. By the numbers alone when should be bankrupt but they just make up new numbers. They make up all numbers now like housing starts and unemployment. There isn't a government number out there that is believable. Those who live in reality just can't understand why it still standing.

Lots being manipulated in our world, we live in interesting times.

Our world economy is a make believe thing. Something mankind and society created. And it wont die until we give up on it!

Reality? That's even scarier.

After all. Were just small living things on a thin crust of rock. Floating on a huge ball of molten rock. Flying through space at a million MPH. With a thin layer of gas over our heads.

What could go wrong?;)

The best thing to do is prepare but don't center your life around it. & don't blow your savings for it, either. You still have a life to enjoy right now!

It doesn't hurt to give yourself a few options but nothing you or I can do can prevent things from changing if the SHTF. I question if we should try.

12 months long term food, life straws, barter goods, self defense (I know you've got that covered)

Not sure if gold and silver would have as much value as something you actually need like Charmin TP or a LifeStraw.

I agree with edison bulb, there is a life to live now. Preparation is OK, living in fear is not.

It has been my observation that most things I worry about never happen.:s0092:
No. Life likes to sucker punch you from the side.;)

But if it comforts you to prep. And helps ease the anxiety. Then that's a good thing! Just remember.

''Everything in moderation. Including moderation''.:D

Dont wish for it because when it does you wont be ready, i dont care how much you prepped the psyhological aspect is going to be huge. You can prep all you want but if you cant hack it emotionally then you are just as good as dead. If you want a SHTF situation go hike and camp for a few weeks on your own and live off the land.

Once it happens you'll. Be wishing for life as we knew it before. Just chill and hope it never happens.

Last Edited:
Camp?

If you find yourself in the woods freezing and hungry. You didn't do it right!

That is what we call not prepping.:s0140:
Who said anything about being freezing and hungry? Prepping doesnt just mean hording food. Sometimes you have to prep yourself on how survive. Saving a gazillion gallons of food and water is cool but what happens if youhad to leave that food and water for some reason, you have to know how to survive without it.
If yoi just rely on hording food then depending on the situation you might just be screwed. Alot of people say they'll just stay home through it all but what if an invading army comes rolling through your ar15 isnt going to stop them from blowing up your house. Thats just hypothetical but you still should learn bush craft.

Last Edited:
Sure but one man isnt going to stop an army and evading seems like a better solution. Those who are eager to fight are the ones that will die first, evading seems like the better solution to survival, which bush craft comes in handy.

I am all for living.:D However if it comes to the point an army invades the USA I would rather help as an army to defeat them. I have family that would need defending so I won't run away and hide. I couldn't live with myself in a time of war to turn my back on them.

I am all for living.:D However if it comes to the point an army invades the USA I would rather help as an army to defeat them. I have family that would need defending so I won't run away and hide. I couldn't live with myself in a time of war to turn my back on them.
You can go fight ill take my family and hide and try to evade detection, if theres a threat to my family id try my best to defend my family but im not going to go looking for a fight, especially when the army would have tanks, jets, bombs ect..making myself a target is something i dont want to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top