JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well money is pretty tight right now but my dad has offered to help out and buy one of my rifles. It's a Remington Sportsman 78 which from reading online is essentially a "bare-bones" 700. It's pretty rough, but shoots fine. It's a .243

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

IIRC the scope is just a fixed 4x

Gunbroker has two (in different calibers) with better scopes and in better shape for 400 and 450.

I would estimate that this one, due to its condition and poor scope, is roughly in the 300-350 range, maybe a bit more.

It isn't in perfect condition by any means, but the pictures do make it look a little worse than it actually is. I probably should take the time to try and clean it up, the white marks on the stock appear to be paint rubs from sitting in a closet for a few years.

Well looking at my blue book of gun values that is a year old now here is what it says

condition
100% $300 98% $250 95% $210 90% $190 80% $170 70% $160 60% $150

The blue book is sometimes off like in the case of ar's right now there is a very hi-demand for them and the price has shot up but in the realm of hunting rifles I follow the book you can judge the gade of the gun yourself we all have diff. views on that the scope if its clear and works maybe add $20-$25 no more hope this helps

While the condition of the wood does tell a story...don't let the wood condition be a sole determining factor. And it does not tell the whole story! YOU CAN REFINISH THE WOOD TO LOOK NEW! Look at the condition of the Bluing! Check the bolt lug's, check the bolt face, check the follower. Remove from the stock make sure that which can not been seen is not hiding rust....

As for the scope: Go ahead a be concerned especially if the scope is too much for the caliber! Bushnell & Bausch & Lomb pretty much the same: like GMC and Chevy.

I doubt Rem make's two different barreled actions one for a 700 and one for a 78 [stay away for any 710, that's a different dog and I mean dog] : from what I can see...maybe just maybe stock is not Walnut, not checkered...and by golly NO stupid J-lock...blind mag...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top