JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I received an email through armslist with an apparent cali number, he wants me to text him and he wants to pick up the guns.....and he types like he speaks broken english. I was just going to ignore him but curious if anyone else had input. (Not trying to drag my problems onto this forum or anything, just curious what others would do). Should i meet him and see if he's got Oregon id? Should I bring snipers or backup? Kidding, but I have heard some horror stories too. Or maybe he's just fishing for emails and numbers........

"Message from Jorger************@gmail.com, hit 'reply' to reply to the original sender.
Message regarding post '2 SKS RIFLES THAT TAKE AK MAGAZINES'
REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money orders, cashiers checks, or wire money to sellers.

Hi, my name is George/jorge. I was wondering if yiu still had yiur sks rifles? If so id like to pick them up. 916_7**_**** please call me or text me"

(yes i bleeped out his info, he may just be using an old cell phone.....i used my colorado number for a while after moving here lol)

Reeks of scam. This person is probably not actually in the U.S., although he may have an accomplice who is. Sooner or later they will want you to accept a check for more than your asking price. Guess what happens after that...

Oman, I fired an SKS, now I was shooting at relatively close range, say about 30 yards, but the scope was off. I put the crosshairs right on the target and the bullet hit about 2 feet infront of the target (I think it was a plastic soda bottle) So I raised the cross hair about a few mm (from my eyes point of view) above the bottle and that thing flew 50 feet in the air when it got hit by that 7.62mm round. That is a damn powerful round that the SKS and AK-47 shoots, I imagine there isn't much in terms of police body armor that can stop that round.

I knew I should probably just ignore it and move on, and that it was probably somebody fishing whatever the story was. I wasn't trying to troll here either.....guess I was just curious if anyone would actually say go for it or not.

Sucks, I could use the money and now I'm all heartbroken since I thought I had em sold :p (sarc)

Oman, I fired an SKS, now I was shooting at relatively close range, say about 30 yards, but the scope was off. I put the crosshairs right on the target and the bullet hit about 2 feet infront of the target (I think it was a plastic soda bottle) So I raised the cross hair about a few mm (from my eyes point of view) above the bottle and that thing flew 50 feet in the air when it got hit by that 7.62mm round. That is a damn powerful round that the SKS and AK-47 shoots, I imagine there isn't much in terms of police body armor that can stop that round.

In terms of soft body armor......there's not much that will stop any rifle round LOL. Level 4 (think plates) will stop 7.62 in any length that I can think of (at least a couple hits anyways).

Ew, brown people....Threads like this crack me up. How about this, don't sell anything to anyone who cannot communicate well. He11, that would eliminate 90% of the pinheads here- white, brown or purple. Disarm the ignorant.
With love,
A local Jorge

PS- I'm Caucasian of Spanish and German descent...Im well armed, a good shot and I can keep rhythm.... am I a bad Jorge?

Yes, you do know...trust your gut. If something doesn't sit right with this, then don't sell the rifles. If you do decide to meet him, make it in a public place, go with an armed buddy and insist on seeing a valid OR DL. I'd also remove the firing pins. If he likes the guns and youre satisfied that you're not dealing with a punk, or otherwise unsavory character, you can hand over the pins with the rifles. Also, have him fill out a bill of sale with his name and address.
in the event that you don't like who you're dealing with you always have the right to pack up and leave- regardless of your motives. Be cautious and alert and don't trust anyone you don't know...including me:)

PS- I'm Caucasian of Spanish and German descent...Im well armed, a good shot and I can keep rhythm.... am I a bad Jorge?[/QUOTE]

No... You can effectively type and communicate thoughts past a fourth grade level. A first impression over an email/phone call is the only secure way a seller has to judge who he is selling to. I will put myself out there and say to everyone here that Jorge probably isn't an English major or Law Student. Is he even an American? Here on a temporary work permit? Stone criminal or good Catholic? As a seller you just don't know, and therefore have the right to choose who to sell to. If it seems sketch, and a persons' spidey-sense tingles then don't sell to the person. Sometimes prejudice (I didn't say racism) is a good thing when dealing with parking lot firearm swaps and strangers.

I thought it might be a sting operation too. I can't believe non of the paranoid types took it there yet lol......

I find it funny that people bring up race so much here. I would say Colorado, and the Dedtown metro area in particular, where a lot more varied in race then most of Oregon. (Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few Mexicanos in this state too). No one seems to worry about stating 'no English, no guns' or similar rhetoric in their ads there either lol. Called CYA when you can do prison time for supplying illegals with weapons, and most of the illegals speak Spanish. And I hate to say it, but probably 70-80% of those I have met in my lifetime that were raised speaking Spanish consider themselves Mexicans no matter what side of the fence they were born on. I'm not racist, but then again.......I'm not scared to talk about race or nationalities/loyalties either one though.

Really, does this need to be closed already? IDK what the hell I was thinking would happen with it lol. Let's not start calling each other names, children.

Yes, you do know...trust your gut. If something doesn't sit right with this, then don't sell the rifles. If you do decide to meet him, make it in a public place, go with an armed buddy and insist on seeing a valid OR DL. I'd also remove the firing pins. If he likes the guns and youre satisfied that you're not dealing with a punk, or otherwise unsavory character, you can hand over the pins with the rifles. Also, have him fill out a bill of sale with his name and address.
in the event that you don't like who you're dealing with you always have the right to pack up and leave- regardless of your motives. Be cautious and alert and don't trust anyone you don't know...including me:)

haha....now i know why i bought an sks from a kid private party, and he "forgot" the bolt carrier and had to bring it to me later. Not a bad idea I may steal that.

If you had to second-guess it enought to post it here, don't bother with him.
On a side note, your long lost great uncle's cousin's brother did not just die as a wealthy king in Nigeria. The $32 million waiting to be released to you (for the low cost of $2,500) isn't going to come either :)

If you had to second-guess it enought to post it here, don't bother with him.
On a side note, your long lost great uncle's cousin's brother did not just die as a wealthy king in Nigeria. The $32 million waiting to be released to you (for the low cost of $2,500) isn't going to come either :)

NO......but we took out a third mortgage to send that money :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads