JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So you go to the range and go at it with ammo loaded in Non-Brass cases (Steel, aluminum,etc)

What to do with the spent cases ?
1 - Trash them?
2- Throw in Recycle bin?
3 - Try to reload them ?
4 - Take 'em home and do artwork with it ?

What do you guys usually do with them ?

I goofed around with some un usable brass, some melamine, and some concrete, and made some stepping stones just because stepping stone 011.jpg

I've been collecting the un-usables and once I get enough to make it worth the time, I'll take to the scrap metal place and get a couple bucks for them. Won't be much, but it's free money so why not!

I just keep the steel cases.. don't really go to the scrapyard regarding steel/iron.. the potential utility of them far outweighs the space they take up or the few cents per hundred pounds gotten.
Now spent primers, that's where the money's at.. one a these decades I'll probably be able to afford a steak dinner!

At Johnson Creek Gun Club, they would recycle the aluminum for me - brass too, unless I wanted to keep it for myself. I do like the idea of reusing them and using them for projects. I occasionally build custom slingshots and recently incorporated a shell into one I made for a friend back east - I've started incorporating them into some of my builds as kind of a 'maker's mark':

IMG_2552_zps1af7750f.jpg

IMG_2573_zpsf39bcb86.jpg

Last Edited:
Do you have to knock the primers out before taking them to the recycle center?

My retired father has been cruising yard sales at closing for free you haul stuff and recycling the metals. The recycle center takes his picture every time he as more than $10 worth or metal turned in. Oregon law since vacant house stripping is such a problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top