So, What to do with spent Non-Brass Cases?

Reactions
So you go to the range and go at it with ammo loaded in Non-Brass cases (Steel, aluminum,etc)

What to do with the spent cases ?
1 - Trash them?
2- Throw in Recycle bin?
3 - Try to reload them ?
4 - Take 'em home and do artwork with it ?

What do you guys usually do with them ?

SHPD_Retired

Reactions
I save my steel boxer primed 223's for a guy I know who reloads them. Another fellow I know uses the aluminum and bad brass ones for fishing lures.

Reactions
I've been collecting the un-usables and once I get enough to make it worth the time, I'll take to the scrap metal place and get a couple bucks for them. Won't be much, but it's free money so why not!

Certaindeaf

Reactions
I just keep the steel cases.. don't really go to the scrapyard regarding steel/iron.. the potential utility of them far outweighs the space they take up or the few cents per hundred pounds gotten.
Now spent primers, that's where the money's at.. one a these decades I'll probably be able to afford a steak dinner!

etrain16

Reactions
At Johnson Creek Gun Club, they would recycle the aluminum for me - brass too, unless I wanted to keep it for myself. I do like the idea of reusing them and using them for projects. I occasionally build custom slingshots and recently incorporated a shell into one I made for a friend back east - I've started incorporating them into some of my builds as kind of a 'maker's mark':

IMG_2552_zps1af7750f.jpg

IMG_2573_zpsf39bcb86.jpg

Last edited:

etrain16

Reactions
Strange. If not, hopefully the links appear and you can click on those. They show up fine on my browser (Chrome).

Nick Burkhardt

Reactions
Do you have to knock the primers out before taking them to the recycle center?

My retired father has been cruising yard sales at closing for free you haul stuff and recycling the metals. The recycle center takes his picture every time he as more than $10 worth or metal turned in. Oregon law since vacant house stripping is such a problem.

etrain16

Reactions
That's because you are signed into the slingshot forum. Non-members can't see the images.
Got it. I wasn't aware that was an issue - I've linked to a photo hosting site instead, that should fix the problem. Thanks.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom