JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was about 1985, and I was an obvious greenhorn visiting a nice rural Oregon redneck rifle range. I was highly suspicious because I was sighting in a sexed-up shotgun, a rare thing those days, with folding stock, extended magazine, and a very early red dot sight. I shot well and emptied the shotgun. I racked the slide to check for empty, good, closed the action and aimed at the ground to pull the trigger and relieve the spring. BOOM!:eek: I blew a big crater in the gravel about two feet in front of the firing line! All of the nice, big redneck men were silent, coldly looking at me like I was a rabid rodent with leprosy. I seems that I had miscounted my rounds in that extended magazine, and a slug had been hiding back in the carrier when I checked it (lesson: rack the slide TWICE to prove empty!) I cringed with shame and rapidly packed up to leave the cold, silent group of gentlemen. Finally, one of them sardonically enunciated, "Way'll, 'et least it was DOWN range."

"(lesson: rack the slide TWICE to prove empty!)"

I would humbly suggest the lesson should be: never trust the mechanics of anything mechanical. My lesson taken away would have been to visually inspect the chamber (picking out one of ten digits one is born with to poke in there and verify might also be another part of the lesson).

Well, lets see. I tossed a scarecrow in front of a cop car on Cordon road. just barely got away from that one. The other was back in 87 and my buddy and I ( who were 15 at the time ) rode our motorbikes up to Seattle to see the Raiders game on a Monday night.

In high school, I left the school grounds with a crazy friend of mine to eat lunch at a local restaurant.
When we left after eating, my friend reached through the window on an unlocked Multnomah County Sheriffs vehicle and snatched the sheriffs hat that was sitting on the dash.
He then proceeded to plunk the hat on his head, and to make things worse, he flipped the bird to the three cops sitting inside the restaurant and watching his antics.
All three cops struggled to get out of the booth at the same time, kinda like a Three Stooges movie.
We jumped in his car and hauled out of there as fast as his little Datsun could go.
Luckily, we knew all of the back roads and managed to get back to school without getting caught.

Last Edited:
Something stupid?o_O
Naw, never.:rolleyes:
Well considered voting for a democrat back in the 70's, but came to my senses in time.:cool:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh yeah, almost responded to this question truthfully.:p:p:p:p

Nothing.

I never make mistakes.

01-bart-simpson-i-didnt-do-it-e1286561352317.jpg http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/01-bart-simpson-i-didnt-do-it-e1286561352317.jpg

In high school, I left the school grounds with a crazy friend of mine to eat lunch at a local restaurant.
When we left after eating, my friend reached through the window on an unlocked Multnomah County Sheriffs vehicle and snatched the sheriffs hat that was sitting on the dash.
He then proceeded to plunked the hat on his head, and to make things worse, he flipped the bird to the three cops sitting inside the restaurant and watching his antics.
All three cops struggled to get out of the booth at the same time, kinda like a Three Stooges movie.
We jumped in his car and hauled out of there as fast as his little Datsun could go.
Luckily, we knew all of the back roads and managed to get back to school without getting caught.
Well at least he didn't jam a 1/3 grown possum through the barely rolled down and locked window in the middle of the night.

Oh, yeah: If you were driving under the Vista Bridge in Portland in May or June of '73 and saw a fully clothed manikin dangling from a hangman's noose, I will instantly assume "Sgt. Schultz" mode.

Going along with the homemade explosives stories, many years ago (about 30), my friend and I had been experimenting with black powder we could buy at GI Joes at the time, along with some waterproof cannon fuse they also sold (as I recall, you only had to be 16 to buy them). We eventually graduated up to a 2"x 1 foot long piece of schedule 80 PVC pipe. We filled it with 4F powder, sealed it closed with about 3' of that fuse protruding from a tiny hole in the end. We drove out into the middle of nowhere and got about 100 yards away when that thing went off. The explosion was huge. We were hit by debris from that thing. Scared us both so bad that we never built another one again. Lesson learned. There were a lot of other similar 'experiments' from my childhood, thankfully none of them caused any serious injuries to me or my friends. And to think, that all happened before the internet even existed - we just figured it out on our own.

1) Put a lot of money into building a Stage 2 S&S Ironhead Sportster. I have had it for 24 years now and refuse to sell it because I can't get near what I have spent on it.

2) Almost shot myself playing with a 1911 while I was thoroughly marinated in red wine.

3) Yelled F* U at a cop car.

1) 94mph in a 45 construction zone, three hours past curfew (vegas) a week after my 16th birthday. Cop said my mom sounded like "she is gonna kick your bubblegum harder than taking you to jail. I'll right it up at 89 rather than Reckless driving."

2) Falling in love with a model I knew from high school. Models are selfish crazy whores.

3) Urban "Deer" Hunting in a Marine Corps barracks with Airsoft guns. CO did not think it was amusing that we considered H&HS Marines about the same as deer and therefore fair game.

4) Calling a Coastie a "Sea-Pig."

I don't know what it is about boys and booms. I have some experience. I had a highschool "friend" who had put together some pipe fitting and black powder fireworks. I would guess this is 30 years ago? We where at a party out in the country and one of these improvised poppers was tossed as far out in a field as could be thrown. We both ran back and hopped in his Ford pickup to wait for the boom. As the sky lit up the world kind of came apart all around us. A chunk of the shrapnel had gone through the windshield and out the back window (right between our heads) leaving a softball size hole in each. We where both covered in glass and had no idea what just happened Yep, no more of that for me.

I don't know what it is about boys and booms. I have some experience. I had a highschool "friend" who had put together some pipe fitting and black powder fireworks. I would guess this is 30 years ago? We where at a party out in the country and one of these improvised poppers was tossed as far out in a field as could be thrown. We both ran back and hopped in his Ford pickup to wait for the boom. As the sky lit up the world kind of came apart all around us. A chunk of the shrapnel had gone through the windshield and out the back window (right between our heads) leaving a softball size hole in each. We where both covered in glass and had no idea what just happened Yep, no more of that for me.
You can't get much more of a close call than that.

Another less bright moments was as a teen and a group of us were walking down the sidewalk eating a pizza we bought. City police crusier was driving towards us and we thought it would be funny to toss the rest of our pizza at him. Hit square in the windshield, toppings down right over the driver's view. Never knew this white boy could run so fast! LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top