JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm clearing the trees out of 1/2 of my front yard. 8 more cords to go. Problem is I dont have a wood burning fireplace so I put ads on CL for free wood. Then I get stupid questions like "Is is seasoned?" and "will you split it for me?" and "will you load it for me ?" . You know how hard it is to give wood away?

BfXVsD.jpg

My quarantine project involved me driving around with my gps for geocashing and making note of who specifically I will not be helping after the election. I know who they are because the signs in their front yards point to no signs of intelligent life. While this may sound judgemental, right now it feels like it is an exercise in wisdom and patience.

I turned a derelict "gazebo" on the deck into an office/studio. I started with bare studs and sub flooring, added windows, insulation, electric, hardwood flooring, and heating. Drywall, texture, and painting are my least favorite parts of the job. studiodone - 2.jpg studio4.jpg studiodone - 3.jpg studiodone - 7.jpg studiodone - 10.jpg studiodone - 12.jpg

I'm clearing the trees out of 1/2 of my front yard. 8 more cords to go. Problem is I dont have a wood burning fireplace so I put ads on CL for free wood. Then I get stupid questions like "Is is seasoned?" and "will you split it for me?" and "will you load it for me ?" . You know how hard it is to give wood away?

View attachment 755388

I could use some of that wood, but can you load it for me? :D

Just kidding..

That is some nice property and admire the wooded view you got, Wired... Looks a lot like the woods around me ... I sure miss having a big yard and being able to cut my own wood on my property.. I am not even allowed to grill a steak on the BBQ here :s0058:.. I'm already excited to get the hell out of my apartment and get a place in the woods and I just got here :D Haha..

I am studying for my AWS Developer certification and learning new software technologies so I can find a job in this wretched Covid economy.. It's loads of fun, especially the AWS Course.. just imagine being lectured for hours on end about 1000 different features of a cloud operating system and being expected to memorize them all and how they are used. Let's just say it's been a boring and grueling month so far. :s0129::s0129:

I am studying for my AWS Developer certification and learning new software technologies so I can find a job in this wretched Covid economy.. It's loads of fun, especially the AWS Course.. just imagine being lectured for hours on end about 1000 different features of a cloud operating system and being expected to memorize them all and how they are used. Let's just say it's been a boring and grueling month so far. :s0129::s0129:
Thanks
Its been my waking moment project for the last few weeks. Were sitting on a 1 acre plot and taking the trees down on about 1/4 acre. The original owners were whats the best term...oh yeah , lazy. Either they were going for the rustic look or just felt like leaving half the property in shambles. To be honest I am considering putting in a 2 hole golf course :).

Thanks
Its been my waking moment project for the last few weeks. Were sitting on a 1 acre plot and taking the trees down on about 1/4 acre. The original owners were whats the best term...oh yeah , lazy. Either they were going for the rustic look or just felt like leaving half the property in shambles. To be honest I am considering putting in a 2 hole golf course :).
Sounds like you got some work cut out for you but it will be rewarding.. Having a little golf course would be a nice addition. One thing I have to say about the Carolinas is they got loads of golf courses around here .. I am not going to lie, I am no golfer, but it's on my future hobby list, along with fishing in the lake right next to my apartment. Been years since I have gone fishing.

Sounds like you got some work cut out for you but it will be rewarding.. Having a little golf course would be a nice addition. One thing I have to say about the Carolinas is they got loads of golf courses around here .. I am not going to lie, I am no golfer, but it's on my future hobby list, along with fishing in the lake right next to my apartment. Been years since I have gone fishing.
Actually theyre pretty sparse here. That is really the ONLY thing I miss about Yakima. There are some really nice golf courses in Eastern Washington.

Actually theyre pretty sparse here. That is really the ONLY thing I miss about Yakima. There are some really nice golf course in Eastern Washngton.
Ohh.. I guess I thought Charlotte had a lot of golf courses and just been seeing lots of these little golf courses driving around the city.. The whole city is so green and grassy I figured it was the perfect place. They literally have a golf course (driving range) right at this brewery in Pineville I went to last week.

Southern Oregon , where I grew up did have quite a few courses. I guess not being a golfer, I never realized it..

Central and Eastern Washington also happens to have some of the better weather in the state outside of some of those brutal winters they get time to time.. Also, a lot of hills, I would imagine would make for a good setup. Living in Pullman, I was young and never golfed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top