JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a class session with my kids this morning about the wonderful world of MURS and business frequencies. For example, Costco uses the Ritron box on the right. I totally bored the kids to tears. Mission accomplished.

IMG_20200331_123642.jpg

So far, I fixed a canted sight on my ak, build a "reloading bench" from an old nightstand. Made 100 12ga shells. Well... hmmmm oh and am fiddling with 54cal HP in the 12ga hulls. And I ordered a G43 80% kit to build.

IMG_20200329_191831.jpg

Does it need a new motor? Have checked the transmitter/receiver and have done rebind?
Lol, oh no. I went straight for a 3D copter. Drones didn't exist back then. It went up and right into the side of the house. This picture was taken right after I bought everything. This was like 12 years ago. I sold the thing off in pieces to a buddy who flew 3D copters and knew what he was doing. I stuck to the ground. Only recently have I dipped into drones. I was always interested in things that flew. But before they started getting more advanced with gyros, you had to control them. I remember when they were called quad-copters and not drones.

Lol, oh no. I went straight for a 3D copter. Drones didn't exist back then. It went up and right into the side of the house. This picture was taken right after I bought everything. This was like 12 years ago. I sold the thing off in pieces to a buddy who flew 3D copters and knew what he was doing. I stuck to the ground. Only recently have I dipped into drones. I was always interested in things that flew. But before they started getting more advanced with gyros, you had to control them. I remember when they were called quad-copters and not drones.

I like RC airplanes and am not into drones at all. My colleague was ordering all kinds of parts and building his drones. I believe I have all I need to build a drone but they just don't interest me.

Talk is cheap. Let's upgrade this post with pictures....

The Remmy was super cheap, but super nice. Just chambered in a cartridge that has not been produced since the 50's. Unobtainium...! Could have re-chambered for 32-20... but that would be too easy and still have old rifling.
View attachment 676779View attachment 676783

Next up is to lay some weld on the extracter and form it for 22LR. Ream the chamber and then make the extractor cuts. And of course, grind in a crown. I believe I can work with the old 32 rimfire firing pin by just spinning it around. We'll see. Fingers crossed and another shot.....

Last update on this project... Chambered the new barrel liner, got the extractor finished, but had to make a new firing pin and harden it, and modify the breech block a bit. Put it all back together and fired off a few out in the shop. It's a shooter!

20200330_172337_resized.jpg 20200330_185848_resized.jpg 20200330_190100_resized.jpg 20200401_192204_resized.jpg 20200401_192225_resized.jpg 20200401_192243_resized.jpg 20200401_192259_resized.jpg

On to the next project... reloads...!

Any longer of a quarantine and I think I'll run out of side projects.

Started taping up a few rooms to paint.

Started a sour dough starter.

Ran wire from the box to the other side of the house, just need to install the GFCI box and fill the tub. Then that's done.

Form 1 on the Saiga clone submitted.

Placed a sizable parts order for 2 10/22s to finish. Should be trying my hands at a transfer for a Brownells 10-22 receiver soon. Hoping BCGs aren't still stupid.

Looking at a sprayer to stain the fence.

Pressure washed all the paved areas.

Planted a tree in the front, Asian pear!

Got dims on the attic access to order pull down ladder.

Cleaned every gun, even if it wasn't dirty.

Swapped batteries in all electronic optics.

Did some preventative maintenance on the lawn mower, trimmer and chainsaw. All got new air filters and oil. Cleaned out the carb on the trimmer, was pretty gunky.

Keeping busy, and off the web as much as I can.

Dammit, Reno! I want some of whatever it is that you're drinkin' to obtain that level of focus and discipline!
This "working from home" BS ain't "working" for me. And this site is killin' my productivity... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Any longer of a quarantine and I think I'll run out of side projects.

Started taping up a few rooms to paint.

Started a sour dough starter.

Ran wire from the box to the other side of the house, just need to install the GFCI box and fill the tub. Then that's done.

Form 1 on the Saiga clone submitted.

Placed a sizable parts order for 2 10/22s to finish. Should be trying my hands at a transfer for a Brownells 10-22 receiver soon. Hoping BCGs aren't still stupid.

Looking at a sprayer to stain the fence.

Pressure washed all the paved areas.

Planted a tree in the front, Asian pear!

Got dims on the attic access to order pull down ladder.

Cleaned every gun, even if it wasn't dirty.

Swapped batteries in all electronic optics.

Did some preventative maintenance on the lawn mower, trimmer and chainsaw. All got new air filters and oil. Cleaned out the carb on the trimmer, was pretty gunky.

Keeping busy, and off the web as much as I can.
I'm exhausted just reading that!

Update. Work on the small section of my studio to prepare for the baby, and it'll also double as my sewing/arts room :rolleyes:
Got some sewing projects for clients to do, firstly, 10x 5rd ea 12 ga shotgun cards for Aguila Minishells; 3 of which are spoken for.. 7 which will be available soon.. waiting on payment for a Hi Point plate carrier, also waiting on payment for an elastic buttstock magazine holder for a pistol caliber carbine (Classic Hi Point 10rders, but should also fit other 9mm PCC magazines :rolleyes:)

May have an interesting expandable backpack design in the works after all paid work.

I bought a wired security camera system three months ago but when I got to looking at running the wires I kind of lost interest. I ended up doing a half-assed job installing it just to get it barley operational. Since we were told to stay at home I got bored and started digging trenches and running wires through the walls. Then I read the instructions and have the app and monitor working perfectly. I now have a proper security camera system.

Rebuild log splitter
New alternator on boat [Done]
Rewire downstairs bathroom
Drywall downstairs hallway
Install new sub panel for generator
Put windows in outbuilding, wire for electricity and heat
Build new swing set for kids
De-winterize RV [Done]
Build chicken yard fencing
Build catch pen for sheep
Gather up cut firewood logs from around property and split them (see first item).
Gather up downed trees and broken treetops around property
Refurbish 450' of driveway [Done]
Put power steering kit on tractor
Go thru 10 year old storage boxes and get rid of everything
Install security cameras
Tear down old cabin and replace it with new building
Build winch mount for truck (see "Gather up downed trees")

Then on the second day I'm going to put my feet up and rest.

Last Edited:
1) "Rwandan who breached lockdown 'killed by crocodile'
I always wonder how crocs manage to pick off so many people in Africa. Then I recall that they have been doing the same thing for > 200M years and survived the K-T event so they must be mighty good at ambush predation.
2) "Have a 1903 and 2 03a3s to unsporterize and rebarrel…"
How the world has changed since '82 when I graduated from gunsmithing school. One of the electives was "Military Conversions" in which the gunsmith converted a military rifle to a sporter. Today that would be blasphemy, and the equivalent course would be "Restoring Converted Miltary ifles"
If one of those sporterized O3A3s have a drilled and tapped receiver you could build a reproduction O3A4 sniper rifle??:rolleyes:
Legal for CMP Vintage sniper match.:p:D:)How To Build a 1903A4 Sniper Rifle
1585993429521.png
1585993726981.png

I've had 10 lbs of sliced meat marinating in the fridge for the last three days. This morning's project was, finish trimming it and hang it from tooth picks in the oven @ 170 degrees. I leave the door propped open slightly for the moisture to escape. It's cut fairly thick, so it should be ready about 5:00. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top