JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am moving across town mid-April. So I've been packing boxes and going through everything to find recycling, donations and things I haven't seen in a while! The apartment is the easy part....The garage is next!! Safes, racks and tubs to go through. Fun times

Not a huge project by anyone's imagination, but one that has been on the back burner for, oh, I don't know, 5+ years…??? :oops:

I finally got the recirculation pump and Taco timer hooked up to my water heater. Yay me! :D
Got it set to recirc every hour, on the hour, from 0700 to 2200 every day.
Now, instead of waiting 3 to 4 minutes while water runs down my shower's drain to get the water hot enough at the other end of my home, I can turn on the faucet and jump in within 5 to 15 seconds, depending upon how long ago the pump cycled. Hot water at every faucet closer to the water heater gets there in mere nanoseconds!
I'm just so damned pleased with myself over this, I can't stand myself.
I bet a lot of you can't, either… :eek:

Annoy my neighbors with my, not manly, hobby! ;)

60A4107B-190B-4DEF-A5BC-7F1DA4B38AFA.jpeg

My reloading project is going good today I did.

400 ....7.62x51mm
500......9mm subsonic

Bunches of 9mm and 10mm and 7.62x51 innnthe past few days.

Hopefully tomorrow I finish the 9mm, then start on 5.56.

Forgot did several hundred .357 magnums also

One of many quarantine projects was boxing up some brass to sell...
(sorry, I borrowed the pic from my contribution to the "What are you drinking tonight?" thread)
Corona brass.JPG

I dropped a few cases on the floor, and my cat started banging them all over the kitchen floor and going apebubblegum over them, until this...

View attachment Brass cat.MOV

...idiot cat... :rolleyes:

Still working the job, but usually off by 2. Home I am re-siding my house with cedar side-wall shingles and installing new windows and doors. In crappy weather I am restoring a Remington Model 4 rolling block and converting it from 32 Rimfire to 22LR with a Redman's barrel liner. Reshape the extractor and new firing pin and Bob's yer uncle.

Talk is cheap. Let's upgrade this post with pictures....

The Remmy was super cheap, but super nice. Just chambered in a cartridge that has not been produced since the 50's. Unobtainium...! Could have re-chambered for 32-20... but that would be too easy and still have old rifling.
20200329_185100.jpg 20200327_174533.jpg

So Friday evening I bored the the barrel (8mm) for the Redman barrel liner I picked up from Brownells
20200327_175013.jpg 20200327_181804.jpg

Today I soldered the barrel liner into the barrel, trimmed the liner, roughed out the breech and crown. 20200329_184307.jpg 20200329_184336.jpg

Next up is to lay some weld on the extracter and form it for 22LR. Ream the chamber and then make the extractor cuts. And of course, grind in a crown. I believe I can work with the old 32 rimfire firing pin by just spinning it around. We'll see. Fingers crossed and another shot.....

Hey! I posted pics!

Nuthin' as cool as your'n, but pics nonetheless...

I've always been a huge fan of the big, furry, "woof dogs" (as opposed to ankle-biting "yip dogs").
We had several Norwegian Elkhounds as we were growing up.
Totally loyal and fiercely protective critters.
View attachment 676003
At one point, my dad made a harness and hooked up "Apache" to our little red Radio Flyer wagon.
Apache would tote us kids all around the environs of eastern Walla Walla County, and never gave it no mind...

Full disclosure: The dog in the image above is not our dog. I don't have any pics of any of our many pets from 50-odd years ago... :(
So, I got to thinking about this good ol' pooch of ours, and sent an email to good ol' Dad asking for some pics.
The Old Man came through with about a half-dozen pics from back in the mid-60s during our time in Walla Walla.
Sadly, as close as he could come to providing one with Apache hooked up to his harness was just this one of the little red wagon...
Yours truly in the stylish flaming red matching coat/boots ensemble and the tweeds, and my little sis getting nuzzled out of the wagon by Apache.
This was out at the airbase housing near what is now the Walla Walla Regional Airport. All of the buildings you see are long gone. You can never go home again...
Apache.02.jpg

Apache.05.jpg

Last Edited:
I am in IT, so my project has been to set up approximately 400 users with remote access to their work computers. Not the most fun thing I have ever done, but I'm still working so I got that going for me.

What? No video?

Let's see you take that thang through its paces!

I have an electric "Invictus" 4x4 that I bough back in 2016. It runs mostly on 5000mAh two cell LiPO. I also have one 5000mAh 3 cell LiPO that takes it up to 30 to 35 MPH. The motor gets quite warm with the three cell so i usually use the two cell only.

View attachment 677698View attachment 677699
I've got a Slash in pieces in the garage, broken rear cv, that is absolutely ape bubblegum on 3s. It's got an upgraded Castle Creations motor and speed control in it. Too fast, I keep breaking it!

I've got a Slash in pieces in the garage, broken rear cv, that is absolutely ape bubblegum on 3s. It's got an upgraded Castle Creations motor and speed control in it. Too fast, I keep breaking it!

I like the LiPOs for my 4x4 truck and can use the LiPO battery charger for my RC airplanes. My flying field is closed due to the CV19 as well. :( But I live an a cul-de-sac so I can run my truck in circles. When I had a colleague that was into drones, RC airplanes, and RC cars we would race the empty parking lot after work.

This guy on 6s though was the most bonkers I've ever owned. That was more than 10 years ago though! Damn that car was fun!

35503E8D-A6CE-4ACB-B611-641665C3DBA7.jpeg 05221766-6D37-4597-BC73-2A902768AD3B.jpeg

This is largest RC airplane I have. Have not finished yet. It is a F7F Tigercat. It take two 4000mAh 4S 14.8V LiPO. Need to rework the battery compartment.
CD034E1B-7335-4DF0-9062-9F5566A86DA0.jpeg 86418D13-1396-4B53-BCAA-B1DCA04C1470.jpeg BB17D76F-E78C-4336-AF05-5236D2BFC2CB.jpeg

Lol. Nothing in the air for me. This thing flew for 10 seconds (before it died a graceful death). Nothing like a few hundred dollars down the drain!

Now I stick to drones with basically automatic self leveling gyroscopes!

E4CFB15D-59B8-4F50-B215-E29A2F6ADD81.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads