JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a weekly goal to keep my trash, recycle, & yard debris full. I don't care where the stuff comes from, but generally I need to clean, organize, consolidate, and stay active to get it done. It's prescriptive enough that the goal is clear and broad enough that I don't have to work on the same things each week.

Actual project work though... I have 1 guitar to partially restore (fret level & crown, new nut, strings, intonate, setup, clean & polish...) and one room per week to nail down with the carpet cleaner.

Actually... this is my pandemic reality.
B8EAB52B-B8F4-443F-B081-DAF27940E943.png E2466C49-9A94-4344-97C2-145B4F0145C3.png

Neither my wife or myself can stay home. We're both "essential". She's a mail carrier and I'm an "auto mechanic". What's ironic is that the cars I work on are not usually cars needed for daily commute or business and we really aren't essential. I don't think we have one daily driver on the lot, but here I am, getting ready to head off to work.

Just before the crap hit the fan I'd purchased an older Winchester 70 and have been spending time with it, trying to get it cleaned, bedded and shooting well. Fortunately we have property within an hour's drive where we can also avoid all other persons and can shoot, ride dirt bikes or just hang out. We spent time there this weekend.
Other than that, I need to sort out some .223/5.56 brass I'd talked to a member about, my shop is a mess and I have an old Ford needing attention, not to mention the furnace in the RV needs some love... I wish I was quarantined!

Last Edited:
I am still working at school....
We have reduced hours and duties.

When I am not at school I will be
Working on sprucing up the house....
Fixin' up a Northwest Tradegun..its a neat mixmaster of original and new parts...
Reading...both on here and actual books...
Goin' through my rendezvous gear...

For all here I wish you all a safe and productive quarantine "time out".
Andy

Gun projects aside:

Clean. Lots of cleaning. When Ive got nothing to do, nowhere to go and the gym is closed.. cleaning and organizing seems to chew up time.

Build our home gym.. buy a squat rack, get the garage in order for a good gym setup.
my gym has restricted access so much its pointless to try and go, they may even be forcefully closed via the state by now.

Paint and illuminate DVD/Blu-ray case.
Im a movie fanatic so it'll be a fun project.
That and I may just orginize my movies alphabetically. All 400ish of them.

I fugure thats about a weeks worth of projects. Next week, who knows.

Build our home gym.. buy a squat rack, get the garage in order for a good gym setup.
my gym has restricted access so much its pointless to try and go, they may even be forcefully closed via the state by now.

Good luck - I ordered mine at few weeks ago and am now waiting until April. Can't find plates for dumbells anywhere (except for little girlie ones). Fortunately, I have about 200lbs in tractor suitcase weights (not very easy to balance though). Thinking about taking apart an old cultipacker I have under a tree to use the discs for weights.

Good luck - I ordered mine at few weeks ago and am now waiting until April. Can't find plates for dumbells anywhere (except for little girlie ones). Fortunately, I have about 200lbs in tractor suitcase weights (not very easy to balance though). Thinking about taking apart an old cultipacker I have under a tree to use the discs for weights.
I hear ya, seems like EVERYONE is doing the home gym and suppliers are having a hard time keeping up. A once near dead business is now insanly thriving with online orders.
Just hope my squat rack comes before May..

Recently picked up some 50AE brass and reloading dies from an awesome member of this forum. Gonna clean and prep some spent cases that I have, then sit and load 'em all up.

:s0069:

Last Edited:
Still working, 24hr shifts 9 days a month so not to bad but exposed to the rona people potentially everyday. :( We also farm so theres all the usual springtime projects, getting ready for the water to come on, equipment maintenance, build a winch bumper for the truck, rebuild the hog pen that got destroyed from last years pigs, firewood, and the list goes on but wouldn't have it any other way.

Quite a few years back, I unwrapped something that's been out of sight for the better of 50 years. A slice of Alaskan Red Cedar burl, near 7ft across and four inches thick. My dad told me (when I was in my teens) it had been cured in a piano board factory after he had it given to him by a logger friend. My dad sealed and protected it with an (unknown "what" to me) clear gloss, and wrapped it up for later plans. A project he never did finish.

Since it's been in my possession, I think I know why. As fussy as my dad was, I am of the same tree, and finding the perfect base has not been a simple task. At one time, I think my dad was getting frustrated, not having this beautiful thing of nature in their (his man cave) Den. He found (and used) a set of four metal hooped feet to use. I remember the table being in the Den, and how he guarded it like a trophy. Though, he must not have liked the metal legs, as it was not on display long. I've had the slab for 30+ years, and I have a hard time accepting the same metal legs.

This has been a heck of a time...to have the time to do anything o_O

Last Edited:
Finally submit that Form 1 on my Saiga Clone.

Find the box with my shotshell reloading supplies. Make some buckshot since there is none to be had.

What are your plans for finals, post Form-1?
Just hack off 8 or so inches. Short but not so short I have to F with the gas system or move the gas block type thing. I've been reviewing a ton online. Seems doable DIY even if I have to move the block and redrill the gas ports. Time will tell. I'm just not a fan of the length on shotguns anymore. Too long, and I no longer hunt with them. So personal defense is about all I see their use for. That and range entertainment.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top