JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Work from home.

Gardening.

Make a few kydex holsters and mag carriers.

Figure out my radios

Work out

Might fire up the forge.....

Spend time with the kiddo/wife/dog.

I'm getting caught up on my back log of gun repair projects. I'm not too enamored as to being stuck in my shop but I am now getting more grips made for Ruger Mark pistols:
QuJllG2l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have anything interesting in the works, you know, while youre unemployed and sheltering in place???:rolleyes:

Ive got an old S&W Model 10 that I picked up recently...
Older, tapered barrel model

Im doing a rust blue refinish of it. For now.

Got is stripped down and what bluing it had left removed. Second round of rust going on now.

Post pics later.

So, what are you guys doing with your extra time?
Essential personnel. Trying to iron out some kinks in things. Finish some builds and rebuilds.

Working on getting a pellet pistol 'range' set up in the garage so I can use my old faithful crossman P1377. Looks like I can get about 26 feet across the width of the garage from firing line to target. Ordered and received some splatter burst targets which should be helpful for these ageing eyes.

Need to make the target holder/backstop out of one of those plastic totes (black with yellow lids hd/lowes) which I have. However, I didn't have time to purchase any filler material for the tote so I will have to find something around here. Thinking maybe some old clothes, wind them into a tight ball and duct tape them.

Also purchased a CO2 pellet revolver to try out.

I will build my AR upper receiver since I have parts bought already. I have all of parts for the lower receiver except the actual lower. I will call my FFL and see if he can order a few.

I am in the process of moving across town! Moving and apartments/houses is considered an essential service. Packing boxes in my place now to move 4-16. Thennnn I go to my garage and begin to dismantle shelves and organize tubs and ammo and tools. to move and then ahve the safe movers come in to move em out. (also an essential service). Got a 2 week overlap so should go smoothly once the process begins.

I am in the process of moving across town! Moving and apartments/houses is considered an essential service. Packing boxes in my place now to move 4-16. Thennnn I go to my garage and begin to dismantle shelves and organize tubs and ammo and tools. to move and then ahve the safe movers come in to move em out. (also an essential service). Got a 2 week overlap so should go smoothly once the process begins.

Man, I feel your pain. 23 years ago I moved my business from southeastern Wisconsin to Northwestern Wisconsin (360 miles) along with all of my machinery and inventory involved with my gun repair business, and $5,000,00 dollars later, I had it all deposited into a $12,000.00 building on property that I owned in this area, and I currently live and work from. Was the move worth the cost involved? Hell, yes. I'm doing what I know and love to do best, without the BS involved with city aholes who won't accept any firearms business's that do things in a legitimate manner.
Someday, there will be an imperative administration who will recognize that legitimate gun owners are NOT the problem and that those derelict miscreants who commit crimes with a firearm need to get a recompense for what they did that all will recognise and get due process that is NOT bargained away. That will be the time to exonerate those legitimate , honest gun owners from what bad characters perpetuate onto society. We need to admire those that have the "balls" to protect their selves and their own and are willing to help LEO folks who may be in a position where they might need help. Does that mean that a legally armed citizen should assist an LEO in trouble? Well, that's up to you and your make-up as a human being, as for me, I'd help any LEO that I saw was in any sort of trouble, whereby I could make a difference. We all need to live with ourselves after ANY decision made.

I repaired my chipper-shredder this weekend, now I can continue my reenactment of that movie, "Fargo". :D
Man that post was out standing! In our area surrounding these parts we have an under stood proposition. It's called SSASU.
For those who don't vacillate, that stands for, " Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up".

Dear Mods,

Week 1)
Everybody here seems so productive. If I press all of your buttons during this quarantine, please be gentle on me. As a result of of this crisis, I find myself with way more time on my hands than I should be allowed to have. My kids are all home, the wife is around more than usual, the dog is confused and peeing in my office, the cat ran away and is probably coyote chow by now and my mailman hates me because of all of my ebay and amazon purchases are testing the burst strength of my mail box. On top of that, I'm out of Costco box-o-wine. All I have left to look forward to is sharing my highly honed insights and rapier thin wit with this forum which I know, everyone appreciates.
Cheers,
Cigars. :s0053:

Reloaded 1k 9mm w

Have another 2k cases that need to be the maiden voyage through the newly acquired wet tumbling process.

Wednesday the mailman is bringing a Sig P229 9mm caliber conversion kit with a Romeo installed, should fit the M11 frame nicely, we'll see.

what can I say, I got bored :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads