JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My project was to finally start reloading for my Marlin 1895 in 45-70.

Cast, powder coated the LEE mold 340 grain RNFP bullet & sized to .459. Put it off for eons & got it done. But the over-reaching gov't forced my range to shut down. So im waiting to try these.

It lives!

E3522CF5-D18C-4795-84AB-FEF8A0B66FE0.jpeg

Ive been gathering solvent traps and solvent trap accessories. The other day I noticed they bare a striking resemblance to silencers ( who knew?) so plunked down a small fortune on tax stamps . In about a month I'm going to fire up the old lathe and mill and make me some form 1 silencers.

7DdMG9.jpg

I'm with ya there, found an infestation in the dogs food last night, my eldest daughter, a college senior, failed to close the zip lock bag and spent hours killing off ants last night. Today is mop up and putting everything back
My neighbor says to me " ya need to seal up that dog door, thats how their getting in" :p

I keep filling pages in a wire bound school notebook with one-line reminders of projects to tackle. By the time a page is full of tasks, I've typically completed about half of them and crossed them off. Those not done I transfer to the next page. Been doing that for years at home and at work (before I retired). Helps me prioritize, minimize procrastinating... and not forget things altogether.

Today I've got things involving:
- lawn
- roof
- truck antenna
- garage
- interior trim
- awkward email to answer
- bank account
- meds
- reschedule 2 appointments
- paint a bathroom cabinet
- sluggish drain
- practice new guitar songs
- renew CHL online

Never out of stuff to do.

I successfully completed my AR pistol but have not tested it yet. Reading up on what rounds from a 10.5" barrel are good for self defense. I have Speer Gold Dot JSP in 55gr, 64gr, and 75gr. Also have some IMI 5.56mm rounds in Razor Core 69gr Sierra Match, and some IMI 77gr OTM, LR, MOD 1. It's a pistol so the 77gr is probably out .

I have put a TLR-1s light and single point sling on ii now. I have Magpul MS4 sling to I can use a single point or two point sling. I need to get a M-LOK QD sling mount since don't have any right now.

BFC05571-8737-4E98-8972-50AAD7E9BB4D.jpeg

Hardly a "project," but Mrs. Teflon and I are finally doing what we always agreed we should do. We double and quadruple various soup/stew/casserole recipes because we both love comfort food and leftovers. Then we bag and freeze half of what we make for another day. Bonus points because all of it (especially chili) tastes even better when reheated!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top