JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Andy, can I ask where you acquired that hat? I like it and may consider getting one for myself. That's an old scottsmens' hat, isn't it?
Thanks Flymph.
I bought it at a black powder gun show a number of years ago.
It is a all wool , linen lined handmade cap.
As to its name , I seen it referred to as :
Scotchman' s cap / hat
Mechanic's hat
Clerk's cap / hat

Blockade Runner has a similar cap they call a Mechanic's hat it runs around $25 ... Its all wool and made in the USA.
Andy

Thanks Flymph.
I bought it at a black powder gun show a number of years ago.
It is a all wool , linen lined handmade cap.
As to its name , I seen it referred to as :
Scotchman' s cap / hat
Mechanic's hat
Clerk's cap / hat

Blockade Runner has a similar cap they call a Mechanic's hat it runs around $25 ... Its all wool and made in the USA.
Andy
Thanks, for the info. I'll check out the website, and look for a black powder show I can make a day trip out of.
With that hat, no true American would shoot at you. I'll even bet you'd be safe in Canada as well.

Credit where due, you're welcome!

Honestly I don't think foreign troops on U.S. soil is a possibility in the near or even medium future. We are in a tenuous situation, but make no mistake most of the rest of the world is experiencing an even weaker circumstance - they are going to have their own problems to worry about...

Kinda.

If something were to happen here, there are a number of countries that would be more than glad to send troops to "help", irregardless of the number of there own citizenry whom might be out of work and starving.

There are any number of politicians and beurocrats here who would welcome said "help" with open arms and praise.

Russia.
China.
India.
Pakistan.
Cuba.

Pop to mind without even googling up the size of there military.

Again, without even googling, I'd bet that the first four could have a functional battalion in the USA within 24 to 48 hours, if given a place to land. Likely the first 2 if they were given a place to land, but not refuel.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "Red Dawn" scenario, but okay...
I can more easily imagine North Korea laying out the red carpet with an EMP strike than anyone "inviting" the "help" of those block countries.

I'm starting to understand the validity of the tinfoil helmet argument.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "Red Dawn" scenario, but okay...
I can more easily imagine North Korea laying out the red carpet with an EMP strike than anyone "inviting" the "help" of those block countries.

I'm starting to understand the validity of the tinfoil helmet argument.

Yeah, someone like Kate Brown and/or her crew would probably invite foreign help over domestic in a heart beat. It'd be easier for her/them to round up folk.

Yeah, someone like Kate Brown and/or her crew would probably invite foreign help over domestic in a heart beat. It'd be easier for her/them to round up folk.

All of this requires a much longer reply than I can give right now, but here is a couple of thoughts.

I'm segregating conventional forces from any sort of clandestine operations.

In the current political climate I agree that a state or locality could possibly act as a sponsor so to speak; but the federal government and military would need to be essentially ineffective.

I do see these possibilities -

The Russian in Alaska, but there would have to be some sort of stabilization force with China.

Mexican troops in the Southwest in support of the Reconquista movement, possibly with Cuban advisors and other Latin American support.

Yeah, Kate brown is totally in bed with Russia, or should I say Putin (that appealing beast).
I'm sure that the Pussy Riot movement was entirely manufactured by Putin and his cronies.
It's all a part in their attempt to destroy the American dream!
Next thing you know, we'll be singing the national anthem of Slovania!
THEY'RE SENDING HYPNOTIC TRANSMISSIONS THROUGH THE LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

I've got some tinfoil if you ever run out...

Yeah, Kate brown is totally in bed with Russia, or should I say Putin (that appealing beast).
I'm sure that the Pussy Riot movement was entirely manufactured by Putin and his cronies.
It's all a part in their attempt to destroy the American dream!
Next thing you know, we'll be singing the national anthem of Slovania!
THEY'RE SENDING HYPNOTIC TRANSMISSIONS THROUGH THE LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

I've got some tinfoil if you ever run out...

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning! :D

I dont necessarily know where our dozen or so aircraft carriers are, but I do know they're a lot bigger and a lot more numerous than any other countries. I would really like to know how you would even think foreign troops would make it to our soil. Maybe through Alaska or Mexico, but that seems like a pretty dumb archaic idea.

For first world countries, I think boots and tanks wars are a thing of the past.

Not worried about foreign troops. More worried about US troops. Much much more worried about natural disasters.

But for color of anything worn during SHTF, then first choice is OD Green - not camo, just OD Green. I have found it very effective in the woods west of the Cascades, so much so that I had a hell of a time finding a WWII satchel I set on the ground when I was hunting once - it blended right into the ferns and underbrush such that it took me 20 minutes to find it again.

I don't care for camo because it makes you standout in urban areas, even in some rural areas, once a human has seen you. OD Green or other earth/forest colors, blend into both urban and rural areas and are more than adequate in the forest.

At 63 years of age I am not going to be going out and fighting foreign or US troops if I can at all help it. I would be more of a hindrance than help, so helmets are way down on my list of "must have".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top