JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going to wait and see how well this year turns out, but if my calculations are correct and I get SSI/etc., I am going to save as much as I can to build up my savings back to a better level - even though I will probably be unemployed/retired after the end of this year and on a fixed income.

I was just reading that the stimulus bill has an option where you can pull funds up to $100K from an IRA without penalty or immediate taxes and then you have 3 years to pay it back, before having to pay taxes on it. Of course, what you pay it back with will probably be taxed income? I have not seen the details yet - most of the funds in a conventional IRA are paid from income that you deduct or that have come from a rolled over 401K (that is where my IRAs came from).

So take that into account and talk to a tax accountant; if you pull it out and then put it back in with funds that come from wages or other taxable income, it is possible that you might pay taxes on those funds twice; once when you earn them and put them back into the IRA, and once when you take them back out later the second time.

It seems like you can maybe pull the money out and then declare them as distributions over the next three years. I might do that - and put them into my Roth IRA, I don't know - not sure if it would be advantageous for me to do that - I don't think it would as I don't think I will need the funds this year - probably not next year either. But it is an option.

I haven't gotten a straight answer from the IRS yet... but... because my upcoming firstborn is not yet born, I did not claim as dependent for 2019 taxes.. however I do know that once we get a birth certificate with new SSN for the child, SSA would need us to inform them and set up the process for child benefits for family, primarily for my disabled (Deaf) wife... but..... I didn't see any info on the IRS site about the $500 child tax credit, on how to get if child gets born during 2020 and not before?

PROBABLY invest in some 5.56 ammo, or, more likely at this point, another bowie for the collection. Most will pass thru the hands of SHE Who Must Be Obeyed (When SHE Digs Her Feet In). There's always something needing fixed or paid for. Being retired w/pension/SS I dunno that we will be getting anything anyway. The concept of "fixing" the economy by dumping TRILLIONS of $$$$$$$$$ into the money supply smacks of INFLATION rather than actual economic growth. And we were doing so good before this "virus"- i.e. PANIC writ large- landed in our laps courtesy of the gangster-ocracy of RED CHINA. One needn't sniff very long nor hard to smell RAT. God Help Us All, God Bless PRESIDENT TRUMP, God Save The United States!

Last Edited:
Cross-posted to the "Funny Photo - Meme" thread...

Democrat.JPG

I don't think I'll get anything? If I do I'll spend it like a drunken sailor. Just need to get drunk and get a few stripped lowers and standard capacity magazines to make Turd Ferguson drop in his pants.

Only person in my family that is affected is one of my brothers and given Washington's $800 a week he will be getting plus $600 a week federal and his 5 rental properties plus his extensive stock and metals portfolio I think he will be OK. That and he can get a 100k job at the drop of a dime given his skill set.

Me, I haven't had a day off since March 10th.

I have already been spending locally but I will spend a little more at a few local gun shops in the area and at fisherman's marine to reward those who have stayed open for their customers. The other day I picked up 500 speer plated 45 bullets for under $60 at Fisherman's. Maybe not the greatest price but I felt good about the purchase being that they didn't ditch their customers like some other companies have. I have given Sunset Firearms numerous firearms to sell on consignment and I plan on dropping off a couple more in coming days. I also bought a some powder and primers from him. I have directed numerous firearms transfers to Tigard Pawn in the last three weeks and even bought a casio mini boom box from them for $10. Hope to use it at my cabin with a timer for part of my security layers. Ricetime and PapaMurphy's in Wilsonville has earned more of my business in recent weeks too.

The local businesses will really appreciate visits from those who can afford to leave a few dollars with them.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Does that mean you'll be refusing/tearing up/donating that check?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews