JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have all the firearms I need heck I have 7 or 8 I haven't even shot yet. Granted there are still a couple/three I would like to add to the herd. My son got very lucky and was able to get the handgun and a bull pup style .223 carbine before the door slams shut for a while. I don't know if the PTP holds up if I will bother. My son most likely will at some point. He's still young and still has wants.

SO we got talking and decided that since dad (me) has been banging out ammo on the same RCBS single stage press since About the time my son was born (he's going to be 39 in a few days) We would do some up grading to our little reloading factory. A new RCBS dedicated Primer tool just showed up and some new Decapping dies are next. We been talking about a progressive press in the near future. And maybe a digital scale. I have buckets of brass to load and more supplies then any 5 people should have (slowly buying up supplies over the years) So I think until the "smoke clears" we are going to do some shooting and reloading.

I might even get crazy and try to figure out a way to reorganize my reloading bench (its in a tiny room so not to much I can do to change it)

I'll be retiring in 16 months and with my job hunting has been way back on the rear burners for about a dozen years so that will certainly be picking up as well.

I do have one rifle build I will be completing maybe this winter. The receiver and scope w/mounts is already in hand so no worries about buying the Barrel or Stock Maybe by spring I'll have a Savage 111 in.35 Whelen with a custom stock.

Sounds like a good plan. I spent some time reloading this afternoon. Hoping to get out and shoot more, and do more reloading this winter.

I was also doing some reloading today, cleaning up some 5.56 brass so I can make some 300blk brass out of it. I wish I had more 5.56 brass to work with, its such a pain to make the blackout brass I would rather do one giant batch than the 700 or so I have on hand.

I've been buying stuff for decades and mostly just throwing it in a heap when I got it home. about 18 months ago threw everything into bins to prep for an appraiser to get an appraisal on home and land.

Been organizing since, and starting to get serious about it now. Put shelves in shop and moved most of the ammo out there. For the last month been getting mags and putting them in containers, labeled by gun type and caliber. Now I am getting some other stuff prepared for use, storage, bug out, etc.

Right now I am prepping a hard case with pick/pluck foam to take a PS90 & Five Seven & mags/ammo, as that would be my "get home"/bugout armament (yes, I have heavier more powerful guns) - so I want it ready to go instead of sitting in the factory boxes. The Five Seven came in a nice molded hard Kaizen (or harder) foam insert in the hard plastic box, so I took that out and put in the hard case after plucking foam to hold the insert. Wish rifles came in that kind of insert instead of the cheap styrofoam insert (if that).

I've been buying up reloading components off and on for quite a while. When I would buy a gun in a new to me chambering I would find dies and components to load it with. I've not been able to find everything I've needed in the last few years, but I've found stuff that will work.
I've got a rifle that I need to reload and find a good hunting load/bullet for. That's always a fun project. I just seem to be a little short on time. I'm jealous of you retired guys. 👍

Speaking of getting organized and foam inserts and such.... I'm a big fan of the foam factory. Very nice products and quite affordable for DIY projects.

IE., Doing up your own case club type ammo can inserts for mags/pistols or the like.. and I like to put a layer down in the bottom of ammo cans for cushioning... as well as an egg foam in the lid to keep everything from shifting.

My favorite for building pistol ammo can inserts is the 2.2lb 1/2" closed cell sheets. Last one I bought was a full sheet (48"x108") and has kept me in stock for a good while now.

Throw some lock studs on your can and it makes a perfect "safe"/bugout can.

Thinner closed cell foam works real good on a reloading bench as well.

Just an idea.

1670763572185.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads