JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no fal's at least my experience with them are bad a$% i have had no problem shooting well with them at all. in fact i am saving up money to get one of my own. as of right now if i want to shoot one i go and grab my buddy's or talk him into goin to the range so i can shoot it..lol i just don't think alot of those guys had experience with the fal and were more accustomed to shooting the m-14 as a .308 platform. and i'm sure that narrow unstable platform they were standing on had something to do with it as well. but the fal is one of my favorite firearms that i have shot to date. you just gotta put some rounds through it and decide for your self

You guys need to try and remember that these guys (like myself) were trained on the much lighter and easier to handle AR platforms. When you handle a FN FAL for the first time they seem very heavy and clunky. The trigger is very long and you really can't feel the creep on it. Now, hand a person that was trained on the FN an AR and they will probably do pretty well. We used to do some cross training and the visitors always had an easy time handling the AR but most of us had a tough time with the AK's and FN's (in a tactical sense). I think it's just what you're used to is all. Performance wise, the FAL is awesome..

If you remember correctly, the first challenge in season one, a guy who supposedly had military training couldn't hit 100 and 200 yard targets with a 1903 Springfield. I think some of the competitors and the editing make the guns look worse than they are...

You guys need to try and remember that these guys (like myself) were trained on the much lighter and easier to handle AR platforms. When you handle a FN FAL for the first time they seem very heavy and clunky. The trigger is very long and you really can't feel the creep on it. Now, hand a person that was trained on the FN an AR and they will probably do pretty well. We used to do some cross training and the visitors always had an easy time handling the AR but most of us had a tough time with the AK's and FN's (in a tactical sense). I think it's just what you're used to is all. Performance wise, the FAL is awesome..
yeah but they all seemed comfortable with the m-14?

A lot of the guys who shot the FAL and hated it also hated everyone on the show who wasn't in the military and of those who were in the military, who weren't in their group. They seemed like the kind of guys who would hate a Milsurp rifle let alone a FAL that was non-US on principle rather than shooting it for themselves and making up their own mind on a rifle. The FAL was crap to them before they picked it up.

A lot of the guys who shot the FAL and hated it also hated everyone on the show who wasn't in the military and of those who were in the military, who weren't in their group. They seemed like the kind of guys who would hate a Milsurp rifle let alone a FAL that was non-US on principle rather than shooting it for themselves and making up their own mind on a rifle. The FAL was crap to them before they picked it up.
i agree with you 100%

very true. other than the older guys in the clique (Chris and Brian) rest of the military mafia were pricks.

My FAL is just as accurate as my M1A. I trained with and carried the M14.
So, I find it easier to handle, but not all that much. The standard receiver
FAL sight sucks but that is easy to address. DS Arms sells a sweet sight
that has click adjustable windage and 2 apertures on a flip.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top