JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Certaindeaf, that's just plain wrong. The bullet design doesn't drop from Heaven, it's engineered specifically for the performance envelope of the cartridge it fits. A .45 round is made to expand at lower velocity and thus lower hydraulic force than a .357.

When I fire a JHP from a short barrel into a jug, it may expand only partially. When I fire the same round from a full-length barrel, it opens up totally and reliably to a full 1.5 times the original diameter. When I fire the same round out of a carbine barrel, it wraps all the way back, over-expanding if you like, so the petals reach back to touch the base and the overall size is much less than 1.5X.

It's the same with any cartridge, but pistol JHP expansion is the most sensitive to velocity because handgun rounds are all so marginal.

Either way one hole might be 1/8th inch bigger than the other. Shot placement is going to be way more important. Doesn't take much practice to get 1/4 inch tighter groups at 10 yards unless you're already such an amazing shot that I'm not going to believe you anyway.

After all this discussion, I would be curious to know how many people have been shot, even one time, by any caliber, and continued to fight especially with a gun.

Shot in the foot after the round bounced off a rock why it slowed the velocity it was still allot of blood. However limb injuries are not always prohibited ones. Which also shows one could move on, I did . depends allot where the bullet was placed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top