JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Stuck"? Where do you live? Even in war (sorry, Rambo) one is lucky to trade one's life for another.. historically. That's code for 1/1.
I would imagine that you might be wise and fair better than not to have a whole magazine loaded with proper ammunition stuck into your handgun.
But let's say you are in Latvia.. or one of the other couple hundred lands.. your .45 or .40 will make oh such a special rock! good luck
There are lots of stores in smaller towns that probably don't carry the latest and greatest. I have enough trouble finding Ranger, HST, or Gold Dot at stores in Portland. I get most of my ammo off the internet.

Is it that difficult to imagine a situation where you are camping or hunting and have to buy whatever the local store has on the shelf?

There are lots of stores in smaller towns that probably don't carry the latest and greatest. I have enough trouble finding Ranger, HST, or Gold Dot at stores in Portland. I get most of my ammo off the internet.

Is it that difficult to imagine a situation where you are camping or hunting and have to buy whatever the local store has on the shelf?
Lol, yes. Never, ever expend all of your ammo, especially hunting/defense ammo upon paper targets or pop cans.. even if it's just a "shooting trip/outing".. unless it's absolutely necessary to survival.
Then you might have to resupply, however you are able.

My carry weapon is a 9mm. Chose for its controllability. However, my HD weapon is a Mini14 with a laser. Large magazines and practically no recoil. In practice, triple taps to the naso-ocular triangle can be done reliably from the hip.

Having said that, I'm thinking about a 10mm just for fun. I'm not confident about controlling a 50AE. OTOH, a LGS has a 50AE for short-term tryouts. Just fantasizing. Need to take ammo cost into account.

My carry weapon is a 9mm. Chose for its controllability. However, my HD weapon is a Mini14 with a laser. Large magazines and practically no recoil. In practice, triple taps to the naso-ocular triangle can be done reliably from the hip.

Having said that, I'm thinking about a 10mm just for fun. I'm not confident about controlling a 50AE. OTOH, a LGS has a 50AE for short-term tryouts. Just fantasizing. Need to take ammo cost into account.
I need me an eyeball in my hip too.. for those 50(0)yd hipshots to the "naso-ocular triangle"!

You know what really rocks (especially in a 9mm thread) is a passel a LAWS rockets and a covey a belt fed 40mm grenade launchers. yep. all day long yo

Some people will do that though.. by design (sham or otherwise) or whatever. But the result is the same.. distract.
Back on point.. the 9 was fielded in 1901 and'll f you right up. lol

I used to carry a 44 Mag. Then I switched to a .40S&W. Then it was a nine. Then a 380. Now I pack a .22 (CNS = Lights Out!).

As time goes by, it's kinda funny how things change.

With my sr22 I have virtually no recoil. Straight blowback accuracy, and easy conceal.

People are quick to underestimate the lethality of a 22. At the front of every study about "Knock Down" power, "Shot Placement" wins the contest every time.

This should stir things up............................................:):):):)

P.S. I agree with clearconscience.

I used to carry a 44 Mag. Then I switched to a .40S&W. Then it was a nine. Then a 380. Now I pack a .22 (CNS = Lights Out!).

As time goes by, it's kinda funny how things change.

With my sr22 I have virtually no recoil. Straight blowback accuracy, and easy conceal.

People are quick to underestimate the lethality of a 22. At the front of every study about "Knock Down" power, "Shot Placement" wins the contest every time.

This should stir things up............................................:):):):)

P.S. I agree with clearconscience.

I routinely shoot my tightest groups with my .22 pistol.

I have been shot with a bb gun and to me they seem pretty accurate. Hurt like h3ll but did not do any damage except to piss me off. Accuracy with out power in my opinion is a poor stopper.

I have been shot with a bb gun and to me they seem pretty accurate. Hurt like h3ll but did not do any damage except to piss me off. Accuracy with out power in my opinion is a poor stopper.

Used to have BB gun wars as teenagers:D. Found what it took for them to give up and run was lots of quick shots so their mind was on being hit rather than shooting. If I carried a nine I would use the same strategy, keep shooting until they quit.

I would use that strategy if I could carry a ,88mm flak gun. Dont stop firing till they stop. I dont want to start a fight but if its in my power I will most certainly stop it

I am going to throw this out there, buying a quality firearm often equalizes things.
I have 9's and 40's . I find my SigP229 performs better with near identical recoil as any of my 9's. I have shot other 40's and have seen where some are not good performers and have allot more recoil then my Sig.. In a SHTF situation its not just the right Caliber it the ability to carry the highest caliber you can and retain accuracy and control. My nines are great, but if I went to grab either it would be the 40 P229 all day long.

One thought, as the person pulling that trigger we are ultimately responsible where everyone of those bullets go.

Yep, and those guys that carry a caliber that they have to shoot a lot of bullets may end up losing in the long run. Government guys miss about 80% of the time but they have the deep pockets of government standing behind those misses. Rest of us will be held accountable.

Yep, and those guys that carry a caliber that they have to shoot a lot of bullets may end up losing in the long run. Government guys miss about 80% of the time but they have the deep pockets of government standing behind those misses. Rest of us will be held accountable.
As a Patriot once said, "aim small, miss small" [emoji2]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads