JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It will be my Rhino with moon clips of silver

giRFcr7.jpg

Historical fact:
Chinese Stir fry, pre-cut fried food, was invented because at that time owning a knife, outside a licensed restaurant's kitchen was punished by beheading, no trial, no appeal. Instant beheading.
Who today would carry out such a brutal, fascist edict today?
But of course there is always a carrot in front of the stick; the first child of such an offender to rat-out his parent will get to swing the sword:confused:
Don't Ef around with defeatist BS. Either fight or hand your tools to those that will fighto_O
that's the way communist regimes operate. I know a guy who was a kid during the Khmer Rouge reign in Cambodia. He has stories to tell. You never knew who to trust even family.

that's the way communist regimes operate. I know a guy who was a kid during the Khmer Rouge reign in Cambodia. He has stories to tell. You never knew who to trust even family.

That might be the only advantage, and maybe the prime force behind, being, 'Politically Correct'. Always speak the party line. Not really new here in the USA either. If you operated under a cover story you repeated it no matter what the evidence demonstrated.

Well I have not seen it any better when run by conservatives. So I expect it comes down to it sucks when those in control have a, 'My way, or the highway' attitude. Sort of like the ISIL has.
I won't turn this into a poltical thread, but you are right. We may have different opinions as to why its this way.

So Oregon legalizes smoking dope (prohibited by Federal law and treaties) the same day the azbagger boy shoots up a classroom. Now folks want to ban rights enumerated in the Constitution, what the azbagger in Chief calls the law of the land when convienent.
Back east our Commonwealth Constitution defined marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Then a year ago our activist attorney general Red Herring said his opinion trumped our Constitution. Our so-called Governor, Hillderbeast's former DNC chair, went along with the illegal coup.
Don't be complacent. Demonstrate in you elected officials neighborhood; write all of your representatives telling them to post a resume if they restrict God given rights; call the local TV and get your fair share of screen time. Skip the camo if in front of a camera.
Just like taxes, gun restrictions don't go away on the west coast once they are in place.
We are working on sending our steaming piles packing next year. Fight now when the battle can still be won.
:cool:

I think that we should start a religion that specifically demands that every member over 21 own and carry a semi-auto pistol as part of the definitions on what constitutes adherence to this church.
Let's call it "The Church of John Moses" and any government interference will conflict with our 1st amendment rights to practice our religious beliefs.

If such foolishness goes thru i will still carry my semi. You can't have retroactive laws and all they can do is stop new sales abd xfers. I won't register anything nor surrender anything ti the pussies in power or their minions.

Well I have not seen it any better when run by conservatives. So I expect it comes down to it sucks when those in control have a, 'My way, or the highway' attitude. Sort of like the ISIL has.

As this is a gun forum, I would suspect the #1 concern on people's minds is the runaway attack on gun rights.

For years, only one party has led the assault on those rights. And they have done so aggressively and with nasty tactics.

Both parties are responsible for doing things poorly. Both are to blame for the state we are in right now.

But at the moment, we face the potential loss of a Constitutional right at the hands of one, and only one party. If those rights fall, we will only have one side to blame. I honestly don't think the case could be made any other way.

I believe, at this time in history, we need to abandon any party affiliations and vote pro-gun. That could be Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent - so long as the candidate has a demonstrated pro-gun background and has exactly 0 ties to folks like Bloomberg or his phony baloney anti-gun groups.

If we lose those rights, it won't matter who is in charge, because we the people won't be able to stop them.

But at the moment, we face the potential loss of a Constitutional right at the hands of one, and only one party. If those rights fall, we will only have one side to blame. I honestly don't think the case could be made any other way.

I believe, at this time in history, we need to abandon any party affiliations and vote pro-gun. That could be Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent - so long as the candidate has a demonstrated pro-gun background and has exactly 0 ties to folks like Bloomberg or his phony baloney anti-gun groups.

If we lose those rights, it won't matter who is in charge, because we the people won't be able to stop them.

With the Republicans holding the House and a majority in the Senate, why blame the Democrats for any law that comes about? Rather a slanted view don't you think? The President has nothing to sign into law unless both Republicans and Democrats joinlty push for gun control. I totally agree to keep voting for pro 2A legislators, but also encourage you to call, or better yet write to your current legislator with your view on the matter. Those people want to keep their 'Cush' job, so communications do have an impact.

With the Republicans holding the House and a majority in the Senate, why blame the Democrats for any law that comes about? Rather a slanted view don't you think? The President has nothing to sign into law unless both Republicans and Democrats joinlty push for gun control. I totally agree to keep voting for pro 2A legislators, but also encourage you to call, or better yet write to your current legislator with your view on the matter. Those people want to keep their 'Cush' job, so communications do have an impact.

I'm talking about Oregon, not the federal government. Oregon is 100% in Democrat control at the moment - governor, house and senate. They are the ones that shoved SB941 down our throats without a vote of the people.

It's not a slanted view, it is historical fact. And yes, I wrote my legislators, still do, on both a state and federal level. I've been doing that for years.

Oregon has only one party to blame right now. It was a straight party line vote, by the majority, that took our rights away.

Well, I have to just put my oar in here - in the s/a-v-revolver fight, anyhow, since I'm only a part-time resident of Oregon. Before the UK mainland handgun ban in 1997/8, I had what was probably the largest private collection of Smith & Wesson Model 29 revolvers outside the USA. Yessir, there wasn't a Model 29 that I didn't have - that's forty-seven of them at that time. Not a single stainless model, though - to me that would be like seeing a stainless Trapdoor...it just ain't right somehow. I had three of them Glock things, too - for the laff, really - after all, who could take a thing like that seriously? Part plastic and part tin, and looking like it had been designed by Stevie Wonder, it nevertheless impressed the heck out of me, but not a thing of beauty, for sure. I had M1911s, and Lahti, Husqvarnas, Radoms, Lugers,, and seven SIGs, too, including the P210 and all its spiffy interchangeable barrel/calibres. I had a Redhawk that I won in a raffle, and a Super Redhawk that I payed for.

So, lots of each kind of handgun - a hundred and eighteen in all.

But my first love was always the revolver, preferably, a BIG revolver. If I'd ever had to face down a BG with one, he would have been lookin' at a hole the size of the New Holland tunnel, flanked by big copper things with big holes in them. and he knew, deep down in his heart, them things sure were going to leave a bruise.

Where I live, even with the way things are going now, carrying any kind of a handgun for self-protection just ain't going to happen - in fact, it's been gone so long that there is hardly anybody under the age of ninety who would recall that it could ever happen.

Why?

Simple. The UK has NO written Constitution, and certainly no Declaration of Independence. So , no written constitution, and therefore no 'Right' to keep and bear arms.

Like YOU do.

You can go an see the documents themselves, hell, if you are VERY privileged, you can even TOUCH them, and see those sacred signatures, put there by men who knew exactly what they were doing in putting their names to it . They were signing their own death warrants if it all went belly up, or the greatest piece of legislature ever put on paper if it went right.

Well, it went right, as we all know, and, as documents occasionally do, the Constitution got amended a few times, and the minute that the ink was dry on the First amendment, the Second Amendment was being drafted into reality.

In a situation where there was a clear and present danger to the fragile newborn nation, it was decided that every man should have the right to bear arms, to form a militia. And from what part of the population does the militia come?

The People.

All of you.

The United States is no longer a 'fragile newborn' looking over its shoulder, but the threat is still very real, and sadly, it appears to be emanating from within the population. For some reason that I've never been able to figure out, it seems that there are people in the highest, most trusted elements of your own government who desperately need to see the People disarmed. YOU know who they are. Hell, even I know who they are, but there is a difference between us.

You can do something about it, and all I can do is stand and watch. YOU have a vote in the democratic process that makes the USA one of the greatest nations on this planet. China, with its gigantic population, has no word for democracy in any of its many languages, Russia has twenty million tons of illegal guns but not an ounce of democracy, in spite of what they say.

It's all up to you.

Rant over.

tac

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show