JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never had a home burglary, but our neighborhood has seen more than enough car theft and car break ins. Dog was growling late one night and I get up to check after a couple minutes to see a guy trying to break into a neighbors car. I grab a maglight and walk out to the front porch (strapped) as I always am. Shine the light on him and it took him a couple seconds to realize he was lit up and then finally turned and looked at me. I told him to get the bubblegum out of here. He jumped in his car and sped off. What I didn't know at the time is that he had already broken into 2 other neighbors cars and another neighbor had already called te police. They showed up about 2 minutes after he drove off and they never found him. As the saying goes, when seconds count the cops are minutes away.

When I was younger I pulled into an Albertsons parking lot. This was when they had just started selling hard alcohol in grocery stores. I see a man about 70 chasing two men about 25 each carrying a basket full of alcohol bottles. I make my way toward the three. One of the younger men (shop lifters) having been caught by the old good sumaritan due to how heavy the baskets were decided to grab a bottle of grey goose and try and club the old man with it. I looked at that and perceived it as potentially a deadly attack considering the frailty of the old man and the force at which the shoplifter was swinging the bottle. At that moment I drew to a low ready. At that moment a random woman watching this take place shouted, "he's got a gun," rather hysterically. The shoplifter immediately noticed and said to me very calmly, "what are you going to do? Shoot me over some alcohol?" I said, "I don't care about you stealing alcohol, but if you hit him over the head with that bottle I will"

At that point the two shoplifters decided it wasn't worth it, dropped their loot and ran. A lady in an SUV drove by me and said she was calling the cops and was going to tail them. The old man didn't give chase and I holstered. I walked into Albertsons spent 5 minutes buying what I went there for and an employee thanked me for what I did to which I replied "I didn't do anything and don't know what you are talking about" I didn't stick around for any potential aftermath of that, but the following week that same Albertsons had their liquor behind locked cabinets and a brand new security camera system.

Thankfully I have never been in a situation where I had to defend my life with deadly force and I hope that I never have to.

A peculiar tale of shotgun racking and screaming GI's!

My duty post in the Army was a Guard Post (GP), roughly 50meters from North Korea! My job was Reconnaissance Sargent in artillery liaison and I was attached to the Infantry unit that manned the GP.
As an NCO I stood radio watches and at random times checked the trenches and positions! We carried a model 12 Winchester on these checks. So....one DAN (dark azzed night) I was making checks and came to a M-60 bunker, gave the password, and.........no counter sign! Now, this is a real problem because the N Koreans were constantly trying to infiltrate our perimeter. And they were Effin good at it! None better! Atrocities had been going on that border for years! So I had to hunker down and, shotgun in one hand, probe for a body all around the duck boards with the other! I was more than middling scared!
OK! No body! Now I know what the heck is going on! The '60 gunner was behind and above me in the Ma Duece bunker with his buddy! In all probability, blowing reefer.
OK, now I'm PIZZED OFF!!! :mad: So, I infiltrate to the side of the bunker, remember, it's pitch black out, slowly ease the muzzle of my scatter gun into the bunker and RACK THAT MFer AS HARD AS I CAN!!! I'm surprised I didn't bend the receiver!
I got two most satisfying shrieks and a bunch of "Don't Shoot, Don't Shoot's!!!" I gave them a good cussin' and didn't put them on report, and lo and behold, I never had much trouble on my rounds after that! :D

Some time I'll tell you how I made a Katusa's head bounce off of a reinforced concrete bunker roof about 20 times! :eek: Pure evil! :)

IMG_0516.JPG

The command post on GP Jane Korea 1968

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR