JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, after months of haggling the old lady broke down and said she would get me a suppressor as an anniversary present (I am only sending her to India.... seems like I am getting the shaft.) I want one for my 1911's. I know about the wait with the ATF but I do not know about what one to buy. Does anyone have any actual experience on one? I was reading about needing to get a bull barrel threaded, sans the bushing. So that is step one (aside from ordering the bad boy). I was looking to spend about $800 on one, without including the tax stamps. Thanks, jr

A buddy of mine has an Osprey that he hangs off the end of his .45 USP Tactical. Awesome suppressor, can easily shoot without hearing protection, offset body allows for use of sights.

Greg

Silencerco Osprey or AAC Tirant are pretty much the two best .45acp suppressors on the market, both will run in the $800-900 range.

I have an Osprey and love it, but have never tried a Tirant.

You can get a supressor that can be used on multiple guns of different calibers. Just need the same thread patters on the barrels. Good luck with your purchase

You can get a supressor that can be used on multiple guns of different calibers. Just need the same thread patters on the barrels. Good luck with your purchase

You don't even need that. The Osprey has interchangeable pistons (about $75 each) that allow you to shoot it on multiple calibers and thread types/sizes.

I have the Osprey and have been veryy happy with it. You should be able to find a deal on one for $700 if you look around online.

2011-12-17130745.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads