JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the shop working on the overhead console that will go into the aluminum hard top I am building for my 48 Willys jeep. She says the neighbors will be over in 20 minutes to exchange Christmas gifts. I say OK. She then says "where do you want your first aid stuff?" Now I should explain I have a rather extensive first aid and med kit I am putting together for my Adventures in the Willys. It had gotten big enough to fill to large metal first aid boxes. So the other day I broke down ad ordered a box that would hold everything. And I used the coffee table to organize all the goodies. And as I am prone to I left the empty boxes and the newly organized kit on the table.

So I say the first thing that comes to mind. FISH LAKE IN THE STEENS MOUNTAIN. I mean thats somewhere I haven't been for many many years and will go back to as soon as I can once I retire in 15 months. SO I figured if the first aid kit is at FISH LAKE I would be too.

She was not amused She dumped them on a stool in my office

Sometimes you just can't win :s0112:

Bwahaha...

Can't remember if I shared this on NWFA already...

The past few years have been trying, to say the least.

Cliff Notes Version: 2021 July I have laprescopic prostatectomy. If you've ever been stabbed in the stomach, you'd know that it takes a while to regain core strength to move, let alone lift anything.

My wife and adult kids decided that my office ought to be moved into room vacated by the 2nd kid moving out.

Needless to say, it is 2023 now and I'm still trying to find all my stuff.

The good thing is that I work remotely so, I had my work setup completed first.

Aren't families fun?!

Last Edited:
Next time she comes out into the shop spouting such...frivolity...strap on your big boy pants, look her dead in the eye and ask...

"WHO is making the sammiches?"

This is how you assert dominance.

You're welcome.

1672803172808.png

1672803007800.png

1672803250686.png

1672803049258.png

Aloha, Mark

Next time she comes out into the shop spouting such...frivolity...strap on your big boy pants, look her dead in the eye and ask...

"WHO is making the sammiches?"

This is how you assert dominance.

You're welcome.
LOL we been married 39 years if you don't mind I'll follow my own counsel it seams to be working so far. I still have all my stuff LOL

I'm in the shop working on the overhead console that will go into the aluminum hard top I am building for my 48 Willys jeep. She says the neighbors will be over in 20 minutes to exchange Christmas gifts. I say OK. She then says "where do you want your first aid stuff?" Now I should explain I have a rather extensive first aid and med kit I am putting together for my Adventures in the Willys. It had gotten big enough to fill to large metal first aid boxes. So the other day I broke down ad ordered a box that would hold everything. And I used the coffee table to organize all the goodies. And as I am prone to I left the empty boxes and the newly organized kit on the table.

So I say the first thing that comes to mind. FISH LAKE IN THE STEENS MOUNTAIN. I mean thats somewhere I haven't been for many many years and will go back to as soon as I can once I retire in 15 months. SO I figured if the first aid kit is at FISH LAKE I would be too.

I've been to Fish Lake many times.. sounds like a plan.

You'll need a first aid kit if you drive a '48 Willys all the way to FISH LAKE IN THE STEENS MOUNTAIN from Silverton. My bro has a '47 in the works. Some day he says, some day....

Not gonna jump on your "how true" post, but I have dozens of those stories.

You'll need a first aid kit if you drive a '48 Willys all the way to FISH LAKE IN THE STEENS MOUNTAIN from Silverton. My bro has a '47 in the works. Some day he says, some day....
I did it in 1976 right before college actually all the way up over the Steens to Alvord Hot springs on the East side. And that was when the Jeep looked like this

6Q47geZ.jpg

At the time the jeep had been driven to work 30 miles round trip by my dad from 63 to 70 and me in high school 74-76 and was getting pretty beat after having been rebuilt/repaired in 62-63 by Dad. I estimate it had about 65K on the rebuilt engine maybe a little more.

It now looks like this

2ZteNdv.jpg

The second photo is in the middle of a 310 mile one day trip to Cougar Reservoir The engine now looks like this

iWi6DP8.jpg
08TBlJ0.jpg
LzmLwFR.jpg

We have trips much much farther then Fish Lake planned.

That is one sweet Willys.

I've had the same fj40 since '80 and for really long distances, it goes on my gooseneck trailer with room for tools, spares and others comfort items.

My spine and kidneys don't take the pounding as well as they used too.

That is one sweet Willys.

I've had the same fj40 since '80 and for really long distances, it goes on my gooseneck trailer with room for tools, spares and others comfort items.

My spine and kidneys don't take the pounding as well as they used too.
I drive a dump truck every day for work. To me the Willys (which is on a CJ5 frame and suspension) rides just fine. The dump truck beats the hell out of me on smooth pavement. With the Saginaw manaul steering and my new seats the Willys is a joy to drive. One of the first things the wife said when I took her for her first ride was how nice it rode. But hey I understand you heated seat guys sometimes roughing it is just so hard!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top