JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We can no longer trust the media or our Government. Feinstein had crafted her "response" to this shooting months ago. "Buy-backs" are in full steam. The media is selling every anti-gun ploy imaginable. It is a feeding frenzy. It is as though the "journalists" are salivating for a blood-bath to feed their obsession. Gun owners are the hottest selling villans. We are the new distraction. Make a plan. Stay on your toes.

Update:

<broken link removed>

- killed 26 people inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and took his own life within five minutes of shooting his way into the building,
- killed all victims ... with a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle
- taking his own life with a Glock 10 mm handgun.
- had another loaded handgun with him
- as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster.
- 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene.

Well, apparently it is still too hard for the Press to get accurate numbers even after several months. From the story:

"A loaded 12 gauge shotgun was found in the Honda Civic..with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12 gauge shotgun rounds".

I was not aware that there were 35-round shotgun magazines available in the marketplace. Inaccurate reporting like this puts into question every other fact and number they cite.

Keith

That was the first thing I thought when I saw 70 rounds in two mags. You can't even get a drum that holds that. The smallest amount of research or checking sources goes along ways. But that makes me the bad guy.

Update:
- as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster.
- 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene.

154 spent casings, but only (3) 30 round mags, and no reports of him reloading any of the mags. So, 3 x30 equals 90, and even if he had one in the chamber when he walked in, and put one in after each mag change that would be 93, so where did the other 61 casings come from?

154 spent casings, but only (3) 30 round mags, and no reports of him reloading any of the mags. So, 3 x30 equals 90, and even if he had one in the chamber when he walked in, and put one in after each mag change that would be 93, so where did the other 61 casings come from?

After discussing with my brain trust (mainly joe link) I have concluded that he must've been carrying empty brass and throwing it around as well. That is the only way to account for all the extra brass found at the school.

The press account of inventoried evidence recovered at the scene lists (7) .223 mags total: (1) fully loaded in the weapon, (3) partially depleted, (3) empty. The article from which the list branched said 10 mags were recovered at the scene so that may mean 3 others were found fully loaded.

The press account of inventoried evidence recovered at the scene lists (7) .223 mags total: (1) fully loaded in the weapon, (3) partially depleted, (3) empty. The article from which the list branched said 10 mags were recovered at the scene so that may mean 3 others were found fully loaded.

Not saying that you are wrong, but I have not seen this list before, and I will say that I stand corrected if this is accurate information. :s0155:

Here's the thing I cannot comprehend. If Adam Lanza was such a mentally disturbed freakazoid, why in the hell didn't the parents do everything in their power to secure those firearms so that he could not have access to them? You want to go down the chain of blame? Start there.

I read that the shotgun and 2 mags holding 70 rounds were found in the glove box of the Honda, and I laughed and stopped believing anything else the article said. But the other thing that peaked my interest was that there was a gun safe in HIS room. Now, I guess he was old enough to own his own guns, but if he had mental issues, how can you justify that as a parent?

Well, apparently it is still too hard for the Press to get accurate numbers even after several months. From the story:

"A loaded 12 gauge shotgun was found in the Honda Civic..with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12 gauge shotgun rounds".

I was not aware that there were 35-round shotgun magazines available in the marketplace. Inaccurate reporting like this puts into question every other fact and number they cite.

Keith

Maybe so, but the type of shotgun has been publicised and captured on video (it is the clip of a long gun being removed from the trunk) for several months now. The shotgun in the trunk was a Saiga-12, or as CT official documents refer to in its Cyrillic name, Canta-12: http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284

There are several manufacturers of 12-ga drum magazines for the Saiga, including MD Arms. The recent report lists names of "equipment" found in the Lanza home - including MD Arms. AGP Arms is also listed. AGP Arms manufactures 10-round box magazines for the S-12.

Magazines:
1 Promag 20-round 12-gauge drum magazine
1 MD Arms 20-round 12 gauge drum magazine
3 AGP Arms 12-gauge shotgun magazines

2x20-round drum magazines + 3x10-round box magazines = 70 rounds of 12ga.

The Saiga-12 being cleared in the video appears to have a standard box magazine inserted, which is removed at the very beginning of the video clip, before the chambered round is ejected.

I'm not endorsing the official account in any way shape or form. Just putting together some numbers based on the information that has been released.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top