JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where to spend 5 days...

• Wallyworld with the fam...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scotland..

Votes: 39 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
My wife's boss told her that she had two choices, the company paying for either...

-your family (the two of us and our 4 year old daughter) and Nana & Papa (my folks) to Disney land
-the two of you (my wife and I) go to Scotland

Either way, 5 days.
Damn!
Now, I want to be selfish in this matter. Other than 3 years in Utah, and a couple weeks here and there I've never left the PNW. The only "out of country" experience I've had is a grand total of maybe 36 hours in Canada (and what a GRAND time most of those hours were.)
My wife, of course, has spent time in much of Europe.

I get how nice it would be for everyone to go to Disney, but I also feel like this is something that we could accomplish if we set our mind to it. I don't necessarily feel the same about leaving the country.

So.. what to choose...

Disney you can do on your own dime with your kid when she is older, will remember more of it and can ride more rides... Romantic foreign trip with your wife, opportunities like that don't come up all the time.

I'd say get your passport ready.

Scotland. When my daughter was four, most of the rides at Disneyland scared the bajeebers out of her. I had to stay behind with her while the rest of the family enjoyed the rides. She's 20 now but will always be daddy's girl. Scotland is the practical choice, not the selfish choice.

Been to Disney Land. To be honest I don't really think she'd be old enough to really enjoy it, and most of the lines are too long. Since its in country and not as expensive as going out of country. That's not even counting plane tickets either to be honest.

Scotland.

I won a trip through work and we are headed to Anguilla at the end of march for 8 days.
Should be relaxing. 5 kids stay at home with my sister and mom!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

What time of year for the Scotland trip? Their weather can generally be way worst then ours in the winter months.
Another thing you need to focus on when visiting Great Britain is those folks drive on the wrong side of the road.
The first time I stepped off a curb to cross a street after walking out of Victoria Station in London, I automatically looked left while I was reading the warning sign stenciled on the asphalt warning me to look right.
Just as I looked up and to the right, a bus nearly killed me. I flung myself back and badly twisted my ankle on the curb.
I hobbled across the busy street to a pub and was treated to a pint of Guinness by some onlookers who had all placed bets on whether I would get run over or not.
Seems I wasn't the first yank to make that mistake, especially after a 12 hour flight.

I say Scotland too. But my reasons are different.
The language barrier.

Even the thickest Sottish brogue will probably be more easily understood than the Hispanic you'll encounter in Orange County Kalifornia.
:D

I've never been to either place. As a kid I felt shorted because Disneyland wasn't on our family's destination list.
Looking back as an adult, I don't feel I missed anything.

Scotland has so much history that I don't think I'd ever regret making the decision to bypass Disneyland.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top