Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So Teachers can't have guns. Can we at least give them Baseball Bats???

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Key-Hay, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

You don't need a permit for a baseball bat. You can openly carry a baseball bat. A baseball bat can already be found in most every school in the country. A stray swing will not kill an innocent bystander 10 yards past your intended target.

If I was face to face with an armed lunatic and knew there was not much of a chance I was gonna walt away, I'd want a swinging chance of at least dazing the SOB before he could put me down.

I think we should give every teacher in America a baseball bat. In Sandy Hook a principal and psychiatrist gave everything they had to stop this guy bare handed. Their my heroes. Maybe a louisville slugger could have turned the tide.

2. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

you are bringing up a great point, you might look into a project call " Campus Responders". i, we, are currently working to help institue this state wide with the help of some state representives and congressmen. the State Represntative is Dennis Richardson which spearheaded this and i think it's a great idea.

3. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

Why don't we just give the teachers knives, so instead of committing suicide via baseball bat Vs AK Rifle, they can just commit Hara Kiri.

4. Key-Hay

Really....That's your answer?

What would you do if you couldn't have a gun.

5. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

i don't think they got the point

6. gunnails

So maybe I'm not getting the point, apologies.

I guess if I couldn't have a gun, I would be more comfortable with a bat then a knife, pepper spray, or a stun gun.

I assume spears and samurai swords are not an option? :)

7. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

lets see, put a samuri sword or a spear in a classrom. whataya think is going to happen? how about a concealed weapon, that is what is being considered. i understand if this project is not implemenyted, then resort to other forms of defense. but a spear or a samuri sword? you been watchin to much TV, back away from the remote....

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Find a different job.

I'm willing to be that if more educators held my position, they'd be allowed to arm themselves.

9. gunnails

I'm all for armed teachers, staff, and volunteers in our schools.

I would elevate the required training to above that needed for a concealed weapons permit, but not by much.

I am still confused here, I thought the exercise was to come up with alternative weapons to fire arms for defense of our schools, and was being a bit facetious about the spear and the sword.

Although if SHTF I would take the spear or sword over a base ball bat. :)

Smiley face means I'm joking.

10. Key-Hay

Pepper spray's not a bad idea. Even Libs would go for that.

11. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really doubt that!

12. Key-Hay

Which one. Libs would go for it or Pepper spray might change a maniac's aim to himself cause he can't see possible innocent targets?