JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was practicing loading, chambering, and clearing my AR with some snap cap rounds and one ended up getting jammed inside the chamber. I tried a number of ways to get it out but I ended up having to use a hoppes 2 piece cleaning rod with a plastic jag and cleaning swath to push it back out the chamber. I'm concerned about if I scratched my bore/rifling throughout this process. Anyone have any insight?

the snap caps are aluminum as well as the cleaning rod. So no. BUT!!! if you are a bench rest shooter you do not use a segmented aluminum rod because harder material gets embedded on it which can scratch up the barrel. On a precision rig important. on an AR. who cares.

the snap caps are aluminum as well as the cleaning rod. So no. BUT!!! if you are a bench rest shooter you do not use a segmented aluminum rod because harder material gets embedded on it which can scratch up the barrel. On a precision rig important. on an AR. who cares.
Fair enough. I don't see shooting past 100/200yards with a 10.5 AR pistol. Do you happen to have any recommendations for a single piece rod?

Do you happen to have any recommendations for a single piece rod?
Bore Snake.

Screw-together cleaning rods were the standard for generations. But if your concerned about it I'm pretty sure there are some fiberglass rods, maybe even carbon fiber rods, available... Bore Snake is gonna be cheaper and easier to fit in yer range bag, tho.

Last Edited:
Tipton makes them. Use the correct size. You don't want to use a 22 rod in a 30. When the rod flexes it will touch the bore. Again very important on a $1000 barrel but not on a chrome lined ar barrel.

I have J Dewey cleaning rod for my m14 and came with a bore guide as well. It does a great job cleaning. I also have a Tipton rod for my AR.

So I was practicing loading, chambering, and clearing my AR with some snap cap rounds and one ended up getting jammed inside the chamber. I tried a number of ways to get it out but I ended up having to use a hoppes 2 piece cleaning rod with a plastic jag and cleaning swath to push it back out the chamber. I'm concerned about if I scratched my bore/rifling throughout this process. Anyone have any insight?

Do you have brass cases with plastic tip? I used these when I took an AR class. I ordered some when I got from my AR class.

.223 Cal (5.56mm) Action Trainer Dummy Rounds - ST Action Pro

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top