JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went with Merrell's again this time since I decided to save some money to afford an ACOG once my other optics are gone. I also tried Keens at the store today and I didn't care much for it.

Thanks for the replies.

I am in a job that requires a lot of walking, and my company give me a shoe allowance for Red Wing boots. I had never worn Red Wings before my current job, and they are the most comfortable and long lasting boots I have ever worn.

When you buy there, they have you stand on a computerized sizing machine, which will also give them info about the shape of your foot, so that you can get custom orthotics if you wish. I find for me, just the boots work fine and are very comfortable. I am getting a year or more out of each pair. Red Wing does make some models that can have parts replaced such as soles, etc, as well.

Well shoes came in... And they have to go back. They said it would be D, I got W. M I can do, W I cannot.

Hooray Amazon! Of all the times they can piss me off, its with shoes. :s0054:

I hunt in Lowa's and have a pair of keen work and snow boots. They're both exceptional brands. I have a complaint or two about the work boots but that's what I get for buying something first run. Check out the lowas at fishermans (or anywhere else, but I'm biased toward them) you won't be disappointed.

I always recommend Salewa Boots and shoes for serious hiking and work use. The mountain Shop in Portland carries them and the prices are not unreasonable
Pro tip, european foot wear is usually a little on the smallish side, so if you order online, make sure to go slightly larger. Once you find a size, you can order on line and save a ton. Amazon and sleazebay are your friends! Bonus is you can save even more in the early spring as the new models come online!
CAR.jpg

I got a pair of ALTAI

Amazon.com | ALTAI 6" Coffee Hiking Boot (5.5 D(M) US) | Hiking Boots

What I like is they are pretty water proof. I use them on my motorcycle - and even in the rain my feet have stayed dry.
I also wear them when shooting - 6 hrs on the gravel.
good air flow.

I have not owned them long enough to say how durable they are or how well I'll like them on 100 degree days.

The brand does have military styles should that be what you need.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top