JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately this is the only way Portland will learn that its anti cop rhetoric and anti cop stance has consequences.

Sorry to the folks living out there that dont vote for the current buffoons in charge.

In another thread I said the council was silent. But no more! Tonight two released statements, part of which are:

Hardesty -
"I remain deeply concerned these RRT resignations are yet another example of a rogue paramilitary organization that is unaccountable to the elected officials and residents of Portland. A specific demand from the local racial justice movement was that we disband PPB's Rapid Response Team. Based on RRT's inability to appropriately de-escalate the situation on our streets last summer, I proposed disbanding RRT last fall, but the majority of council wasn't ready to commit to a fundamental rethinking of our systems of community safety...We should formally disband the RRT, but through Council action."

Mapps -
"I'd like to assure the public that while the resignation of the Rapid Response Team is startling, there will still be a sufficient police response to keep the community safe should there be illegal behavior and rioting. 2020 was a historically challenging year and mistakes were made by public safety officers. These mistakes are rightly being examined by our District Attorney. At the same time, our city has endured nightly rioting, arson, and vandalism. I will continue to support our public safety officers while also reforming how we police in our city."

So, one cheering. One playing the "Nothing to see here! Remain calm!" card. The mayor plays jellyfish.

Yeah, it'll be a long summer.

I'm pro-cop but not blindly so. I watched the video of the incident and it seems to me that the 4th degree assault charge (a misdemeanor) is probably warranted and the mass resignation of the RRT is not only unwarranted but is bad PR.

I understand Schmidt is a t*rd and has basically signed off on protester violence against the police. It seems unlikely Teri Jacobs is a purely innocent victim and, yet, it looks to me that Officer Budworth got in two late and unnecessary hits. I'm very sympathetic to the frustration of Portland police but this seems like the wrong case to put so much on the line for.

I'm pro-cop but not blindly so. I watched the video of the incident and it seems to me that the 4th degree assault charge (a misdemeanor) is probably warranted and the mass resignation of the RRT is not only unwarranted but is bad PR.

I understand Schmidt is a t*rd and has basically signed off on protester violence against the police. It seems unlikely Teri Jacobs is a purely innocent victim and, yet, it looks to me that Officer Budworth got in two late and unnecessary hits. I'm very sympathetic to the frustration of Portland police but this seems like the wrong case to put so much on the line for.
It's known as the straw that broke the camels back for a reason.

Police have to put up with the absolute garbage human beings of society, when you make them have terrible rules of engagement and yet still play babysitter and bottle/laser target for marxist rioters night after night, yeah, I don't care if someone got a baton to the head, if they had the whole force do that these riots would have been over in a day.

There are legitimate bad cops who do dirty things, but overreacting unnecessarily has caused good police to step down and ultimately the only thing we will have left is do nothing police officers who don't want to risk an incident.

It's known as the straw that broke the camels back for a reason.

Police have to put up with the absolute garbage human beings of society, when you make them have terrible rules of engagement and yet still play babysitter and bottle/laser target for marxist rioters night after night, yeah, I don't care if someone got a baton to the head, if they had the whole force do that these riots would have been over in a day.

There are legitimate bad cops who do dirty things, but overreacting unnecessarily has caused good police to step down and ultimately the only thing we will have left is do nothing police officers who don't want to risk an incident.
Yes, this...context as well. For the last year at these events they have been dealing with completely non-compliant rioters. The last 50 antifa / soyboy / communists / whatevers that this officer had to lawfully move (so the rest of us could have our streets back for public use) likely repeatedly pushed back necessitating more response from the officer. To look at a few seconds of video in a vacuum...well, the entire team realized this could be them. This is actually representative of the entire state of law enforcement.

I just watched a clip of the assault and I have to agree that charges are well deserved. He was chasing her, he shoved her as she was running away from him and knocked her to the ground. The hit to the head may or may not be accidental, but to my that doesn't matter -- as far as I can tell she was 'complying' and leaving and he attacked her from behind.

I just watched a clip of the assault and I have to agree that charges are well deserved. He was chasing her, he shoved her as she was running away from him and knocked her to the ground. The hit to the head may or may not be accidental, but to my that doesn't matter -- as far as I can tell she was 'complying' and leaving and he attacked her from behind.
Did you get to see what transpired right before?
There was a much longer video of that evening...
Did you count all the lasers?

or Don't go to riots? I have yet to be abused by the police...oh yeah when I have been caught speeding and got a ticket as a young man i had a chance to be a smartass and get in more trouble but I kept my hands on the wheel in plain sight, followed the officers direction and paid my fines for breaking the law. Its called Breaking the law for a reason! I never blamed the police for my bad behavior.

those lasers can't be purchased in the USA. they are well above the 5mw allowed, take your laser pointer and set paper on fire, you can't. the lasers ordered online and used by many of these protesters will ignite paper. not sure what mw they are but I'm sure if the police shined them back at protesters/rioters they would be in jail.

"We have declared this an Illegal Riot. Leave now."

"You can't tell me what to do!!! I'll do what I want!"

And Darwin smiled. :s0033:

Last Edited:
But we (well, I) am not talking about the whole evening or even anyone other than that *individual* and the cop. She clearly was running away and was attacked from behind. From what I read she was actually (finally) doing what the cops wanted, and leaving. You cannot use the actions of others to justify assault on a citizen who was clearly not a threat at that moment.

or Don't go to riots? I have yet to be abused by the police...oh yeah when I have been caught speeding and got a ticket as a young man i had a chance to be a smartass and get in more trouble but I kept my hands on the wheel in plain sight, followed the officers direction and paid my fines for breaking the law. Its called Breaking the law for a reason! I never blamed the police for my bad behavior.
That sounds a lot like victim blaming. Just because you show up for a protest (or riot) doesn't authorize the authorities to abuse you. Your *actions* are what give them the authority. This guy overstepped.

Now, given the current political climate in Portland and elsewhere I certainly don't blame them for resigning. They should have done that a long time ago. Obviously the politicians down there have no interest in stopping the riots.

those lasers can't be purchased in the USA. they are well above the 5mw allowed, take your laser pointer and set paper on fire, you can't. the lasers ordered online and used by many of these protesters will ignite paper. not sure what mw they are but I'm sure if the police shined them back at protesters/rioters they would be in jail.
They can be bought easily online these days. I have more than a few that scare the hell out of me just with random reflections. 2 of them (serious pro grade) even came with protective glasses for their individual wave lengths.

But we (well, I) am not talking about the whole evening or even anyone other than that *individual* and the cop. She clearly was running away and was attacked from behind. From what I read she was actually (finally) doing what the cops wanted, and leaving. You cannot use the actions of others to justify assault on a citizen who was clearly not a threat at that moment.
So potland pays her doctor bill, gives her a written apology, make a note in the officers file and call it even.

Feel better now?

That sounds a lot like victim blaming. Just because you show up for a protest (or riot) doesn't authorize the authorities to abuse you. Your *actions* are what give them the authority. This guy overstepped.

Now, given the current political climate in Portland and elsewhere I certainly don't blame them for resigning. They should have done that a long time ago. Obviously the politicians down there have no interest in stopping the riots.
how does engaging in riot make one a victim? if I were to hang out with a known criminal element I would expect to be classified as such! We have to take back control of what victim means. IMO

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top