JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know that sounds kind of dumb, But basically I dont have a host, I dont own a center fire pistol with a threaded barrel. I dont have any pistons. I dont have anything but a suppressor. Ive never even shot a center fire handgun with a suppressor.

I dont even own a .45 That is one of the reasons why I bought the TiRant as the ability to use it on pretty much anything I would want to begin with. I have full size Glocks and M&P's in both 9MM and .40 I will probably outfit one of the M&P's to start with as they are what I enjoy shooting and thus shoot the most.

Any recommendations for barrels? Anything I need to look for or worry about?

I got a couple of .22 cans earlier this year and just bought a suppressor ready .22 for a host. Pretty inexpensive and I felt like having another .22 handgun was justifiable.

I dont think I can justify buying a dedicated host gun for this thing but honestly I have not even thought about it. I jumped this spring for it because at the time it seemed like the LEO sign off thing for trusts might happen so I figured I should just do it and figure out the details later.

I guess its later :D

Lone Wolf makes some nice threaded barrels and they just drop in.
You might want to consider which pistol you want to add some taller sights onto, especially if you have a holster that fits real snug in the front end.
The place I get my suppressors from "Curt's" gives you a piston when you buy one.

I have threaded barrels for both my Glock and M&P handguns. They both run well, but the Glock has the major advantage of having good suppressor sights available where as the M&P has little to nothing.

Either way, go ahead and get pistons for all your major calibers now. Most of the aftermarket barrels for Glock and M&P are SAE threads, which will be 1/2x28 for 9mm, 9/16x24 for .40 and .578x24 for .45 ACP. You'll need them all anyway, might as well get them now.

As for barrels, I use Lonewolf for my Glocks and Storm Lake for my M&P's.

I have a M&P CORE Pro with a RMR which has tall co-witness factory sites and a Storm Lake barrel on the way for it.

I also bought a 1/2" x 36 piston so I can hang this thing on my 9MM AR and the 9MM Tavor I hope to someday have ;-)

I have a M&P CORE Pro with a RMR which has tall co-witness factory sites and a Storm Lake barrel on the way for it.

I also bought a 1/2" x 36 piston so I can hang this thing on my 9MM AR and the 9MM Tavor I hope to someday have ;-)
The Core is about the only way to get tall sights on an M&P; nicely done. You'll be very happy with that setup.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top