JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Officers should be commended for first, attempting to diffuse at all costs. For not firing until critical mass was reached. For being concerned for the public's safety. And for both officers surviving what could have been a nasty encounter. The assailant was obviously bent on dying, one way or the other.

Police have a tough job to do. Much respect for their work.

The correct past tense of the verb pay is paid, as long as the word is used in the financial or transactional sense. If the verb pay is used in a nautical sense, the correct form is payed.

Exactly! When the cop made the decision to use lethal force, then less-than-lethal should have been immediately off the table.

Of course I would be remiss to not admit that I wasn't there, and this is quite obviously Monday morning quarterbacking.

STRONGLY Disagree. Mentally these events happen like a panic stop on the freeway. Split second decision ...act ...reassess ....split second decision ...act ...reassess. Each moment you are trying to find and implement the BEST choice.

I believe that the officer chose to holster his weapon because he thought that they could take the suspect into custody. Nobody wants a weapon bouncing on the pavement when you are trying to handcuff a struggling, bleeding suspect.

Exactly! When the cop made the decision to use lethal force, then less-than-lethal should have been immediately off the table.

Of course I would be remiss to not admit that I wasn't there, and this is quite obviously Monday morning quarterbacking.

Every one of us is Monday morning quarterbacking. Every one of us has a slightly different view of this.

One of my brother in laws is a police officer and he texted me the following reply:

I have seen that video before. Those two cops handled that poorly. They should have stayed behind their cars for cover and as he approached their cars aggressively with the knife, shoot him until he is no longer a threat.

The taser has a 50 percent effective/failure rate. In my experience, it works best at around 10 feet or closer. Which is too close for this guy. The prongs on the darts are not very long and are easily defeated certain types of clothing.

These guys hesitated and paid the price.

Any animal, (humans are animals) high on NSAID drugs are likely to react less than someone who is not high on drugs. Adrenaline and high testosterone are also to be considered when shooting at such an animal. That man took more shots than is ideal, but his anger and maybe drugs in his system played a roll as to why he did not stay down. It is crazy.

One season I hot a massive buck that was sniffing the air for this doe that passed, I shot him cleanly in the vitals with a 7mm mag at about 80 yards. He dropped, then seconds later he got up and hobbled in the the thicket. I feared I lost him; he was determined to mate again, I pursued chase and got within maybe 40 yards and shot again into his neck, I thought I had missed - I did not. He stood still looking for the doe and she was long gone. He took another step and then fell and died shortly after. I blamed the ammo and almost wanted to quit hunting but my friend who saw the whole thing told me about the rutting ritual that bucks go through, they give up some awareness. It was my second buck and second year hunting. A sad experience for me and that buck! Will never forget.

It is an evolutionary thing!

Any animal, (humans are animals) high on NSAID drugs are likely to react less than someone who is not high on drugs. Adrenaline and high testosterone are also to be considered when shooting at such an animal. That man took more shots than is ideal, but his anger and maybe drugs in his system played a roll as to why he did not stay down. It is crazy.

One season I hot a massive buck that was sniffing the air for this doe that passed, I shot him cleanly in the vitals with a 7mm mag at about 80 yards. He dropped, then seconds later he got up and hobbled in the the thicket. I feared I lost him; he was determined to mate again, I pursued chase and got within maybe 40 yards and shot again into his neck, I thought I had missed - I did not. He stood still looking for the doe and she was long gone. He took another step and then fell and died shortly after. I blamed the ammo and almost wanted to quit hunting but my friend who saw the whole thing told me about the rutting ritual that bucks go through, they give up some awareness. It was my second buck and second year hunting. A sad experience for me and that buck! Will never forget.

It is an evolutionary thing!
Poor guy just wanted a little tail before becoming dinner :eek:

1) That was good shooting on Officer Bidinger's part.
2) We don't know:
a) How many of Officer Harrison's shots actually hit our Darwin Award Contestant, or where. He was understandably shooting pretty fast, and some misses could be expected.
b) What drug(s) was DAC on?
3) It's not inconceivable that the cops (Officer Harrison in particular) were afraid they would be crucified over shooting some cretin who "just" had a knife. Of course, the perp was White, so there wouldn't be any riots or White Lives Matter tripe. Also, just guessing here, but I bet he had a rap sheet and was a career petty f* up.
4) By retreating as far as they did the cops put themselves in a better firing position vis-a-vis endangering innocent bystanders.
5) Not meaning to sound like an internet chest beater, but I think that when the DAC did the Walking Dead thing and got up after the 1st volley I would have kept shooting and reloaded. That was scary! :eek:
6) We'll just check the N.H.I. (No Humans Involved) box at the bottom of the page. Nothing to see here - move along.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads