JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can use a 9mm can on a 300blk if you run subsonic only. But most 9mm cans will have a LID device (sorta like a shock absorber). You would want to switch it over to a solid mount when shooting from rifle with subs. If you plan to run 300 blk super sonic, I would get a dedicated 30 cal can. The do-all cans are ok, but they aren't great at anything. You would also want to look to minimize POI shift. Some cans are better than others at this.

I would say get a Ti 30cal can for your .556 and 300blk and a dedicated 9mm can. But you will sacrifice some sound with a larger end cap hole for the 556. My experience is with Surefire, SWR and YHM.

Ive found you get a quieter shot with a 30 cal can on a 5.56 rifle even though it has a larger bore just because most 30 cal cans are significantly larger in volume than 5.56 cans. Silencer volume makes all the difference.

After purchasing some different suppressors, I can recommend an Osprey in .45 and an Omega (30 cal rifle). The Osprey can take care of any handgun caliber you want to suppress, and has a Nielsen device to deal with semi auto pistols. The Omega will take care of any centerfire rifle up to and including .300 Win Mag, and comes with the Silencerco ASR mount and a direct thread adapter to boot. Those two will take care of most any suppression task you have.

...well, a .22 rimfire can is pretty nice. And.....:D

I'm pretty set on the optimus right now.

Out of everything I have seen it solves all my problems.

Im only going to likely ever buy one so I have to make it count.

Just like you will only ever buy one gun. ever. for all of eternity.

Guns are a lot easier. I walk out the door with it. Not sit in agony waiting for months at a time.

If the process goes well I may get another in time.

Anyone have a dealer recommendation post them up. Let's find me this suppressor.

You can check out Silencershop http://www.silencershop.com/griffin-armament-optimus.html

I have punched a few cans through them. Pretty good prices and they do know what they are doing when it comes to paperwork. You can even use their web sight to help locate dealers by you. I have purchased silencers in other ways sometimes it can be fine sometimes they nickel and dime you with things during the process or they don't know what they are doing and that just prolonged the process. But you will learn over time.

I agree with others with both, you get one can you will want more regardless of the wait or cost. Second it's hard to get a do it all yes it can be done but is not ideal. Depends how you use it. Try doing a mag dump of 556 through that do it all can and you will see. Maybe you don't do that kind of thing? But regardless in my experience you get a do it all pistol can, And a do it all rifle can (and 22lr). But nothing wrong with the way your approaching it. I just think down the road a few years you will want silencers more specific to the firearm, and had wished you had done it differently. A do it all can keep you preoccupied while you wait for your next one.

Really, few people manage to stop after buying 1 suppressor.

I started with 1 .22 suppressor, then I realized that I needed a second .22 suppressor. Can't go shooting with a buddy with only 1 can. Otherwise only 1 person can shoot at a time.

Anyone have a dealer recommendation post them up. Let's find me this suppressor.
There's a shop in Sandy right on the main strip that will fill out all paperwork and do the photos as well as fingerprints right there in house, and then even mail it off for you. If it's your first time I would definitely try them out.
Curt's has the best selection in town, and they do the paperwork but it's a month out and you still have to get photos and prints somewhere else. Quite a hassle when the Sandy shop does it all in house.
Shop in Sandy:
Rapid Firearms
503:482:6881

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR