JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well after cleaning out my tool trailer this last week i realized something. I have to many bad/worn out circular saw blades
From 6.25" up to 12"

None of which are worth sharpening but i cant bring myself to throw them away.

Well i pulled out my welder this morning and whipped up a little stand. Its heavy and i have points of traction to keep it in place

Now i have a reason to through away saw blades

20150308_133615.jpg 20150308_133706.jpg 20150308_134609.jpg 20150308_160333.jpg 20150308_161248.jpg 20150308_175217.jpg

Just don't shoot those with anything light enough to bounce off...

Not knocking it, great idea, just be careful.
I didnt shoot the 12" blade with the 22short, or 22lr but i was shooting at the thin kerf 7"... the blade is loosely on the stand so the deflection seems fine...but ya it has crossed my mind. I put about 150rds of 22short and calibre at it and i felt safe. Let me know if you still think its a risk for richochette.

That is exactly what came to mine as soon as I read the title of the thread. For me, it's gotten so that almost everything I see gets rated on how good a target it would make. For instance, where most people see a can of Diet Coke, I see a reactive target.

I didnt shoot the 12" blade with the 22short, or 22lr but i was shooting at the thin kerf 7"... the blade is loosely on the stand so the deflection seems fine...but ya it has crossed my mind. I put about 150rds of 22short and calibre at it and i felt safe. Let me know if you still think its a risk for richochette.

The top of the target should be leaning slightly toward you to make the spatter and ricochet go into the ground. I'm not aware of a standard angle, but I know it's not much. If you lean the target forward a little and put a few rounds on it, you'll be able to see the spatter pattern in the ground - typically it's about 20 degrees from the surface of the plate if you hit it head on and of course that changes if you hit it at an angle. I just lean them until the spatter is slightly in front of the target.

That is exactly what came to mine as soon as I read the title of the thread. For me, it's gotten so that almost everything I see gets rated on how good a target it would make. For instance, where most people see a can of Diet Coke, I see a reactive target.
Sounds like me. I almost look forward to the contents of the fruit bowl going south. Apples, oranges, pears, into a ziplock and into the freezer. Large cardboard box that a computer case came in holds 4 paper targets. The box is completely perforated but still holding up. Sometimes put dirt or wood inside to keep it in place. I grow as many pumpkins as possible over the summer, not necessarily for Halloween.. no sort of can makes it to the trash or recycle without getting ventilated. Great idea on the old saw blades.

The top of the target should be leaning slightly toward you to make the spatter and ricochet go into the ground. I'm not aware of a standard angle, but I know it's not much. If you lean the target forward a little and put a few rounds on it, you'll be able to see the spatter pattern in the ground - typically it's about 20 degrees from the surface of the plate if you hit it head on and of course that changes if you hit it at an angle. I just lean them until the spatter is slightly in front of the target.

30 degrees but agree with everything else

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads