Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So long, US dollar

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by ATCclears, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Good! Time to return to Gold and Silver!

3. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

4. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Full disclosure. I have nothing invested in gold or silver, though perhaps I should. I posted this article since I've been reading elsewhere about other countries shifting away from the US dollar, and even how China and Saudia Arabia have a big project going where they may end up trading for oil in China's currency (the yuan).

Seriously, if the world continues to shift away from the US dollar then there will be no one to buy our debt. The WSJ recently reported that the US bought approximately 60% of its own debt in 2011. The amount purchased by the US was tiny prior to 2008.

Assuming the world does shift away from the US dollar, we will not be able to fund our social programs or any "shell" games. That means more people spiraling into poverty, and a strengthening of a two-tiered society. That means more people doing whatever it takes to survive, including more robberies and violence similar to say some South American countries.

Peter

5. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Casey Research has a good team on staff. Most people will never pay a dime for information (conferences, conference CDs, newsletters, etc.), but those that have subscribed to Casey, Richard Maybury, James Dines, and a few others who saw this coming have done substantially better over the last decade than the people who have listened to the main stream media.

6. cetme

cetme oregon city Member