JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont "despise" there's some good ones out there. I just wish they weren't doing a one up contest on who can jam the most hops into a beer. I dont like cheap beer unless I'm camping.

Actually, there are some amber ales out there that I really like, but I'll take a dark stout over an IPA any time. I always keep some Groundbreaker red (amber) ale around because it's gluten free and if I'm making beer battered anything I need to keep in mind that my wife can't do gluten. The other nice thing about it is it comes in oversized bottles, so I can put some in the batter and some in the chef.:)

I'm glad this frankenthread got some life back into it.
In the years since I posted this, I found a really good brewery up here in Longview, 5 Dons Brewing, that opened my eyes to how a lot of beers should be done.
Their Full Boat IPA is phenomenal and doesn't have that damned over-hoppiness. It's closer to a Pale, but just enough hops that you want to slug them down.
And the Snowbeast Milk Stout blew my mind.
I got halfway done with my pint and the barman asks me if I'd like a scoop of ice cream in it.
I'd had root beer floats, but I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to use real beer...
It was out-of-this-world good!!!

They have $3 pint Thursdays ($4 regularly)($9 growler fill Wednesday), but they're backing down to only Saturdays soon because business has slowed up.
Anyone here have any experience in a Drinking Club?
I'd do almost anything to keep it open more than just Saturdays, so any input would be appreciated.
I might have to go over to Northwestspirits and ask around there...

I've said it before, many times, and I'll say it again, and again, and again, "Beer is like women, it's all good, some are just a lot better". And going along with this theme, the colder the beer (and the woman) the less the flavor.

In the years since I posted this, I found a really good brewery up here in Longview, 5 Dons Brewing, that opened my eyes to how a lot of beers should be done.
Their Full Boat IPA is phenomenal and doesn't have that damned over-hoppiness. It's closer to a Pale, but just enough hops that you want to slug them down.
I got halfway done with my pint and the barman asks me if I'd like a scoop of ice cream in it.
I'd had root beer floats, but I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to use real beer...

They have $3 pint Thursdays ($4 regularly)($9 growler fill Wednesday), but they're backing down to only Saturdays soon because business has slowed up.
I'd do almost anything to keep it open more than just Saturdays, so any input would be appreciated.

It's good to see you, welcome back!!!:)

I like a dark beer just fine with a burger or sandwich. Used to have the likes of "Henry's Dark" and "Rainier Dark"....Dark toasted malt and minimal hops/ IBU's. Too many anymore have way too much ABV. 4%-5% is nice.

Henry's Dark was pretty interesting. Was not as dark in color or taste as many others. Haven't seen anything like it since.

Went to New Zealand's south island for our 40th anniversary a few years back. Tried Speight's at the first pub we visited, and liked it so much I never tried anything else on the ten days we were there. They had some great commercials back in the day, until the PC crowd outlawed them.

Edit to add: I actually like the sour and fruity ales.

Last Edited:

He said, Beer Milkshake...
iu-4.jpeg

These aren't old or zombie threads...They are now to be thought of as "classic" or "vintage"...

After all we wouldn't want to trigger a thread and have it need its "wubbie" , safe place and years of therapy... So I am giving this thread a bump and a trophy for being a special thread that is classic and endearing to all....:eek::D
( Cue sponsor...This post brought to you by Snowflake Brewing Co...)
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top