JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some things bother me till they come clear and this is the best I can piece together based on the facts I know:

Fact 1. Aresenal made a major contribution to Harry Reid of Nevada for the 2010 re-election.

Fact 2. Arsenal is going to become the new distributor of Saiga shotguns.

Fact 3. The saiga12 falls in the category of destructive device because it's bore is over .50" but because it is a 'sporting' shotgun it has came in country without but a few minor hiccups.

Fact 4. BATF can restrict the importation of shotguns over .50" because it needs to have a 'sporting' purpose or it is deemed a destructive device (DD)

So my theory, since arsenal doesn't like competition, why not have Harry Reid talk to the US AG and rule the 'imported' saigas as a DD, but American 'made' saiga 12's are not subject to the importation laws, allowing arsenal exclusive rights and monopolize the market in AK type shotguns.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if my theory is true but I see the saiga 12 ownership NOT being banned but banned from importation. I wonder what price Arsenal of Nevada will set there prices at?

SF-

I believe your logic to be sound Silver Fox. My brother predicted this proposed ban upon creation of the drum magazine for it. Not unlike the Striker 12/ Street Sweeper & USAS-12 DD ruling under Clinton. Business-wise, it sounds like an Arsenal-ish thing to do. The Russian rifles were a logical place to start, shotguns next, and perhaps they'll corner some other Uber-Euro weapon system in the future...pistols or something of the like.

So using one in three gun competitions isn't a sporting use... Sad :(

Its a back door ban plain and simple if they do it. If its profitable other US companies will step up to manufacture them. If not, you are left with a company like Arsenal who produce niche guns and can set the price how they like. Thats capitalism, like it or not.

Interesting conjecture to say the least...

I like how you think outside the box AND connect the dots....

Now I know, I gotta go hide my dog.

jim, did you know that Henry Ford originaly built his cars to run on hemp oil, until Rockefellar ( Standard Oil,, Chevron, Mobil, Exxon,ARCO ) talked him out of it by investing in Ford Motor Co. ???

Sounds good to me also. A hundred years ago, marijuana was made illegal by the influence of the cotton and tobacco industries that wanted to get rid of their competition...hemp. Deals like this continue.

Don't forget big timber. That was around the industrial revolution. Also I think the alcohol folks had a say into it.

SF-

So using one in three gun competitions isn't a sporting use... Sad :(

Its a back door ban plain and simple if they do it. If its profitable other US companies will step up to manufacture them. If not, you are left with a company like Arsenal who produce niche guns and can set the price how they like. Thats capitalism, like it or not.

Captitalim Old man Kennedy style.

I don't think they will ban possession/ownership just importation. Arsenal needs to recoup it's 'investment' with it's 'American' made Saiga 12's.

If this theory is true, I call for an Arsenal boycott of there new guns. Arsenal corporate owners are still from the hard-core communism school so if you think they are pro-2A, well i just might have a bridge for you.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top