JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than for the ATF's definition of a firearm what else does it apply to? If I'm carrying a lower receiver in my pocket, am I carrying a concealed weapon without a license? If I pull a lower receiver out and wave it around in a Wal-mart, am I arrested for brandishing a weapon? How about if I'm transporting a lower receiver and a upper receiver in my car, should I put the lower receiver in the trunk but having the upper receiver on the front seat is perfectly legal?

I realize there is a difference between what is technically legal and what any local cop may think. It may be illegal to have a lower receiver on the front seat of the car but any cop that pulls me over probably doesn't care and/or may not even know what it is. At the same time, the cop may be much more concerned if had the upper receiver on the front seat even if that was legal.

This has always been a point of contention for me.

federally speaking we all know that the frame is the firearm, however in the state of WA a firearm is the entirety of it.

this becomes even more convoluted as it becomes an important distinction for the legalities of 80% receivers. Which even when completed by WA law is not a firearm until the slide goes on as it cant fire projectiles (language used in the RCW).

that of course wouldn't stop them from charging you or changing their minds

Until we all stand up and fight not just from the couch, they will make the rules.
Just wear an antifa hat or shirt and they will maybe think your atf and leave you alone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top