JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Power was restored yesterday, nearly 8 days after it went out. And less than 24 hours later... another tree is down and took the power with it. So yeah, let's not put anything underground, it's too expensive while outages are free and don't cost squat.
I will gladly accept the $50+ an hour it takes me to keep you out of your street so my guys can take care of that. And THEN, when a tree goes down outside of your area and STILL takes your power out, I will LMFAO!!!!!

I'm not IBEW, I don't have any bubbleguming use for unions. I'm just Traffic Control for the guys that dig the trench and backfill it. And that's just for the 1st 8 hrs.

To each their own. IBEW has been absolutely solid for me. I guess on the communication side the agreement is different. On power side down hwre all the flaggers are IBEW.

Used to see that with tire chains in Seattle. 20 minutes after the first snowflake you couldn't find a set anywhere in town. Next spring you get them for nothing at yard sales. How much room does a set of chains take up? Buy and forget them till needed. :confused:

Last Edited:
Used to see that with tire chains in Seattle. 20 minutes after the first snowflake you couldn't find a set anywhere in town. Next spring you get them for nothing at yard sales. How much room does a set of chains take up? Buy and forget them till needed. :confused:

Yeah, after Y2K there were a lot of discounted prepping supplies (MREs, etc.) on the tables at the WAC shows - for several years.

Remember when I posted the picture of 14" of snow? We had another 4" right after that.
We are now approaching 48 hours of well above freezing temps, high winds and rain. The creek out back of the house has risen about 3 feet since 6:30 this morning. Things are fine here, but a mile or so down the road things are getting "interesting". :s0093:

Remember when I posted the picture of 14" of snow? We had another 4" right after that.
We are now approaching 48 hours of well above freezing temps, high winds and rain. The creek out back of the house has risen about 3 feet since 6:30 this morning. Things are fine here, but a mile or so down the road things are getting "interesting". :s0093:
Time to move everything up to 2nd floor.

For those down stream perhaps. We live between two forks of Dry Creek (ironic I know) that come together about 1/2 down from the house. Within the next mile there are 5 other run off creeks that feed in. By the time we get to town about 7 major drainages converge on the Yakima river. THAT is going to be a mess!

This afternoon. The 2nd picture is a 5' cutbank. Only about 18" showing.

thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg

Now imagine it's like that for 2-3 months. Welcome to Cascadia...
Please pardon the hi-jack, a little off topic:

The coast is toast, off the grid for years. Willamette Valley, I-5 & RT58 might be open after one year. RT126 from the valley to CO........3 to 5 years. Gonna be many visitors to Central Orygun. The toilet paper shortage will seem like a birthday party.

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top