JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
and there are some college aged students in there buying an AR15 with ammo and magazines.

What disturbed me was that all of them were fluent in Arabic and one was wearing camo pants.

While I'm not one to judge.... I can't help myself on this one. Background check came back clean. Be darned if I can't remember his address he said at one point.

I mentioned to employees "better keep their faces in memory incase something becomes of this."

If DHS wants us to treat everyone as a suspect of anything let's start there...

Was at a local gun store by the Bomber couple months ago and overheard a conversation at the counter where a gentleman of non English as primary language was attempting to purchase a Full Auto Rifle over the counter. Apparently not familiar with the custom of FFL paperwork and a waiting period. Maybe I was profiling but ................. I heard the counter salesman explaining the procedure on my way out.

So the guy had a Green card or was a US citizen and had a clean background. What on earth is the country coming to?

Yup.

Then again allow me to clarify something. Remember I try not to judge but this is why I was a little on edge.
1: I live in a college town. Student visas are everywhere. (Remember that's how a lot of them get into the country back on 9-11-01)
2: they were all college age. Maybe the oldest was 24 ish. Fresh off the plane.
3: I give them the legit benefit because who goes to Oregon State and spends that much $$ just to jihad.

It was just odd the way all of them were behaving in the shop.

Student Visa won't get you an approved background check. Green Card or US citizen will. A Student Visa is a temporary permission to be the country NOT residency status.

Student Visa won't get you an approved background check. Green Card or US citizen will. A Student Visa is a temporary permission to be the country NOT residency status.

Didn't know that. Learned something new today.

A person has a green card and passes the background check may buy a gun.

I sold a car to a middle-eastern guy. He brought his family, friends.
From my North American point of view, they acted oddly.
Every one of them gave that car the 3rd degree.
Jabbering in their language.
I think they live as in a communal environment.
One of them finally bought the car.
A few months later, I was sued because the car in a wreck, was never transferred.

From that incident and others I experienced, I tend not to trust middle eastern ethnicities.

Funny that. I was in a gun shop on Sunday. Helping a friends wife buy him a rifle for Christmas - 50th Anniversary model Ruger 10/22.

Had to explain to her why they wanted run her information for the background check on a gun which is a gift.
I don't think he is a prohibited, but then again, he was a Navy man. Just cause my father was a Navy man, as were several of my uncles and my daughter was a Navy woman - those funny Navy speakers, can't understand any of it. Ladder - uh those are stairs, the ladder is in the garage. Deck- no the deck is outside my back door, these are floors, Cover ?! Really not a hat? They should speak 'Merican! Dern-it.

3: I give them the legit benefit because who goes to Oregon State and spends that much $$ just to jihad.

Persons who want to blend in as much as possible and not be noticed, or be subject to "suspicion".

And being an American citizen or on a good visa does not mean shot anyway, they could be just as twisted as the rag head waving the AK around. There are multiple scenarios and postulations about how large numbers of terrorists could be in the US already, and active in cells, both in public and recruiting in prisons as well. Some of the theories are pretty wild, some are pretty believable.

I think your noticing and commenting is appropriate and good.

I don't think he is a prohibited, but then again, he was a Navy man - those funny Navy speakers, can't understand any of it. Ladder - uh those are stairs, the ladder is in the garage. Deck- no the deck is outside my back door, these are floors, Cover ?! Really not a hat? They should speak 'Merican! Dern-it.
Cealing - Overhead
Door - Hatch
Bathroom - Head
Left - Port
Right - Starboard

If they were speaking,in MY GS (if I had one) in any language I couldn't understand,they would be asked to leave.
I have know idea what the person is talking about in a store full of guns? Nope
Same goes for the car deal.Speak english or don't waste my time.
Nothing to do with anything but I don't know what you are planing and it is rude.
MY opinion

If they were speaking,in MY GS (if I had one) in any language I couldn't understand,they would be asked to leave.
I have know idea what the person is talking about in a store full of guns? Nope
Same goes for the car deal.Speak english or don't waste my time.
Nothing to do with anything but I don't know what you are planing and it is rude.
MY opinion

It is rude, plain and simple.

A person has a green card and passes the background check may buy a gun.

I sold a car to a middle-eastern guy. He brought his family, friends.
From my North American point of view, they acted oddly.
Every one of them gave that car the 3rd degree.
Jabbering in their language.
I think they live as in a communal environment.
One of them finally bought the car.
A few months later, I was sued because the car in a wreck, was never transferred.

From that incident and others I experienced, I tend not to trust middle eastern ethnicities.
You got busted because they didn't transfer title?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top