JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As title says I ordered 3 inexpensive slings from Botach for around $70 total with shipping. Botach shipped them and provided tracking through Ups. Ups transfered to post office and that is where trouble began. Tracking shows package delivered by postman last Tue at 2:57 PM and noted it was left on porch. I was home and no such thing occurred and have video surveillance to prove it. I checked mail box and it was not there either. Next day I finally get ahold of post office after getting the not our problem from ups. Usps says we will check our gps tracking to see where it was left. Next day I go in to post office and ask what they found. They claim it was delivered but don't have resolution to tell if it was out by box or on porch. I tell them I was home and have cameras so it damn sure wasn't left on porch. My wife actually talked to our mail carrier and she was really no help and kind of non committal about where she thought she delivered it and if she even delivered it. Funny thing I had a small amazon package that showed delivered by usps the same day with the same time stamp as the botach order only it showed up 2 days later in my mailbox opened up but contents (can of electrical spray cleaner) were ok. Long story short, usps says contact botach . I do, and after going around a bit convincing them I have done my due diligence on my end through the usps, they basically say pound sand and contact your local pd and file report. I asked the gal (Chanya with Botach), did she really think in this day and age that the police were interested in pursuing $70 in property crime? I also told her I guess I am going to have to take this one on the chin. My take away from this is I will avoid at all costs any shipping that involves the usps and I am done with Botach as well.

I treat each home porch delivery as a gamble. If you want better security, pay for signature release. Most of my
deliveries now are into lockers or I will be at home. At least with Amazon, UPS, FedEx, I can make change to have
the item held at the depot/hub. I'm lucky that I'm .5 mi from lockers and 1 mi from FedEx and UPS hub.

I'm sketching out a design just behind the cedar fence which allows the pkg to slide down a ramp, fall onto opposite
inclined ramp....onto foam pad. The house butler in my profile is in charge watching for deliveries.

They probably delivered it to the wrong address. My mail lady has delivered other people's packages to me three times in the last year. I have to get in the truck and deliver them myself. It's a pain.

Yeah very likely stolen by some lowlife. Whoever it is I hope they accidentally hang themselves with their free slings. Could have been worse I guess. Makes me think of several month back when my last incompetent postman left a $600 optic laying across the top of my and my neighbors mailbox cause it wouldn't fit inside and he was too lazy to put it on my porch.

My wife actually talked to our mail carrier and she was really no help and kind of non committal about where she thought she delivered it and if she even delivered it. Funny thing I had a small amazon package that showed delivered by usps the same day with the same time stamp as the botach order only it showed up 2 days later in my mailbox opened up but contents (can of electrical spray cleaner) were ok.

Your mail carrier is a thief. You need to strike up a conversation with her and tell her that you're sure the item was stolen, and that you're going to file a police report and also report it as theft to the post master. That's not accusing her directly of anything, but it will light a fire under her, and maybe your slings will also magically appear in an opened box a few days late.

In our area the USPS contracts for package delivery with whoever is stupid enough to take on the job. By the time you pay for gas and wear and tear on your personal vehicle on our gravel roads as a contractor you're losing money, but people don't do the math. The current geniuses are two 50-ish women with a Subaru that looks like they live in it. They are afraid of dogs and won't get out of the car if they can see a dog, even our overly friendly poodle. But they consistently report that they have delivered items to the porch, even though I watch them drive up and turn around and leave without leaving the vehicle. Sometimes they don't even drive up the 1/4 mile driveway, but still report that they made the delivery.

I had something similar happen. As with the OP I have a security system. When I confronted the postmaster (at the physical post office) and told them that it was NEVER delivered to my house and I have video proof, they asked me for the tracking number "again".

I gave them the tracking number and they looked it up on their system. (I guess when they scan the bar code for delivery it logs a GPS coordinate).

The counter gal comes back and says "we are sending a courier and it will be at your house within 2 hours".

This told me that they knew exactly where my house was, and where the GPS logged - and those 2 locations did not match.

Sure as heck, it was delivered via a courier to my front door within the 2 hours.

Your post office staff is either lazy or thieves.

Here's what Botach says about lost packages or packages that don't reach their final destination (below). This in under their FAQ section. So why isn't Botach contacting their freight company and filing a claim?

I also looked for a copy of their Terms and Conditions governing sales but they don't have anything up on their website. Transfer of ownership can happen in a number of ways but for retail internet sales the ownership usually transfers in one of two ways...It either happens at the retailers shipping doc...which means the customer is responsible when things go missing. But when companies do this they almost always offer you the ability to purchase insurance during the checkout process. And if you're ever given this option at checkout, do take note that it almost always means that you eat the cost if the thing goes missing...so buy the insurance if that's important to you.

Alternatively, ownership transfers when you the customer receive the goods. This means that the company absorbs the loss if the goods don't reach you...and the reason is irrelevant. This is how the majority of retailers handle things. And because Botach doesn't list much on their website...and based on their stated policy in their FAQ's, it appears that the responsibility for the loss is on them.

You should call them back and ask to speak to a manager. Be polite...at least at first. :)

Q: My package was lost or damaged in transit. How do I get the items reshipped to me?

A: You must notify us as soon as possible if your order was delivered to you in a damaged container or if the package never reached its final destination.

If the package never reached its destination, we will have to contact the freight company and file a Claim. A tracer will be initiated and an investigation will commence. We are not able to ship any replacements until we have a confirmation from the freight company that the package was located at one of their facilities or until they conclude that the package was indeed lost. The Claim process takes approximately 3-14 business days.

If the package was damaged in transit, you must keep any and all container and packaging material. Fedex or USPS will want to inspect the package themselves for any insurance purposes.

As title says I ordered 3 inexpensive slings from Botach for around $70 total with shipping. Botach shipped them and provided tracking through Ups. Ups transfered to post office and that is where trouble began. Tracking shows package delivered by postman last Tue at 2:57 PM and noted it was left on porch. I was home and no such thing occurred and have video surveillance to prove it. I checked mail box and it was not there either. Next day I finally get ahold of post office after getting the not our problem from ups. Usps says we will check our gps tracking to see where it was left. Next day I go in to post office and ask what they found. They claim it was delivered but don't have resolution to tell if it was out by box or on porch. I tell them I was home and have cameras so it damn sure wasn't left on porch. My wife actually talked to our mail carrier and she was really no help and kind of non committal about where she thought she delivered it and if she even delivered it. Funny thing I had a small amazon package that showed delivered by usps the same day with the same time stamp as the botach order only it showed up 2 days later in my mailbox opened up but contents (can of electrical spray cleaner) were ok. Long story short, usps says contact botach . I do, and after going around a bit convincing them I have done my due diligence on my end through the usps, they basically say pound sand and contact your local pd and file report. I asked the gal (Chanya with Botach), did she really think in this day and age that the police were interested in pursuing $70 in property crime? I also told her I guess I am going to have to take this one on the chin. My take away from this is I will avoid at all costs any shipping that involves the usps and I am done with Botach as well.
You should file a claim with your credit card or bank. They will refund you the money, just do not wait too long. This happened to me before.

I have not ordered from Botach for a while but when I do I use UPS two day. I am not going to trust the USPS unless that is my only choice. I have never had any problems with USPS when company sends me a tracking number it does get delivered.

UPS or FedEx costs more money but I find it worth the extra shipping cost. I can hold the UPS package at the UPS depot. There is FedEx depot close by as well so I can have the package held there as well.

Ah thieves. The lowest of the low. I've only caught a small handful in the act but man I love seeing their faces when the jig is up. Too bad you don't have any proof who it is but it's great your CC company made things right on your end

Here's what Botach says about lost packages or packages that don't reach their final destination (below). This in under their FAQ section. So why isn't Botach contacting their freight company and filing a claim?

I also looked for a copy of their Terms and Conditions governing sales but they don't have anything up on their website. Transfer of ownership can happen in a number of ways but for retail internet sales the ownership usually transfers in one of two ways...It either happens at the retailers shipping doc...which means the customer is responsible when things go missing. But when companies do this they almost always offer you the ability to purchase insurance during the checkout process. And if you're ever given this option at checkout, do take note that it almost always means that you eat the cost if the thing goes missing...so buy the insurance if that's important to you.

Alternatively, ownership transfers when you the customer receive the goods. This means that the company absorbs the loss if the goods don't reach you...and the reason is irrelevant. This is how the majority of retailers handle things. And because Botach doesn't list much on their website...and based on their stated policy in their FAQ's, it appears that the responsibility for the loss is on them.

You should call them back and ask to speak to a manager. Be polite...at least at first. :)
I already have far too much time into dealing with this so I handed it off to my Cc company to handle. My Cc company seemed to think this was pretty much an slam dunk after I relayed the story and the steps I had already taken. I will update if anything changes.

Given my experience with the USPS they probably delivered to wrong address - I see that about once a month here. I know the mail delivery is a thankless boring job, but that is no excuse for screwing it up as much as they do.

I assume you paid with a credit card? If so, file a claim with them against Botach and that will make Botach take notice. Also, if you have not already done so, file a claim with the USPS.

Someone sent me a gift a couple weeks ago and the USPS screwed it up. The sender got on their case and the USPS fixed it.

UPS, FedEx and Amazon often take pics of deliveries laying on the porch for these reasons. USPS does not. The only thing keeping USPS from going completely under is business mail and junk mail, the latter being their primary income source. Almost all of my mail is junk mail which then gets used to start a fire in my woodstove (even then I windup burning most of it as trash).

I've had the same problem with my mail carriers for years. I sometimes get other neighbor's mail and packages, sometimes they get mine. The USPS sucks, and they know it and don't care because they know that with their job security they will still get their paycheck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top