JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife's Honda stopped locking the drivers door with the remote so I was "Encouraged" to fix it. Took to the dealer and just about gagged when they said $300-$400 to fix (Uh..that's a gun I could be puttin in the safe). The part was needed (door lock actuator) was $26 from Honda ($19 shipped on internet).

So after a little looking on the Internet, sure enough somebody posted a pictorial on how to do it. Was a little bit of a chore and some tight working area but it was pretty straight forward.

Now to convince the wife I can spend the labor I saved (Let say $275 to $375).

DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE! There is no end of the chores you will have lined up once she finds out you're handy. I made that mistake early, and now there's no going back. Starts with a minor car repair, then a bit of furniture, maybe some cabinetry ... next thing you know you might as well be a general contractor. There goes Saturday shooting and Sunday football.

I saw the title of this thread, and thought that you might have had a ND with a Smartcarry holster.:s0114: Glad I was wrong.

You should have told her that the part cost you slightly less than the dealer wanted, and you should have taken a long time to install it so she wouldn't think you were all that handy. Then you would have had the extra to spend.

And no, I wouldn't have gotten away with it either.

She already knows I'm handy. She's even loaned me out to her girlfriends (Sounds cooler that it really was).

If I tried packing the prices of "Materials" She would look at the Debt card and ask "What car parts did you get at Willamette Valley Arms"???

I did buy a Weld Pak 100 MIG welder at a neighbor's garage sale for $75 (Guy never took it out of the box) Since I fixed her car she didn't say anything about the welder.

Good for you. I have a problem with one of my subaru's brake handle button. Dang.... can't find one anywhere.. Dang thing popped off, stripped the threads on the inside of it, or maybe the shaft inside the handle, and don't really want to replace the whole thing..
Was thinking about using a wire nut.

Any ideas?

Garg i have the same problem with my 92 legacy i have just resorted to pulling the assembly with plyers every time i park. Let me know of your solution.

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Garg i have the same problem with my 92 legacy i have just resorted to pulling the assembly with plyers every time i park. Let me know of your solution.

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so I got it fixed, not sure how long it will last, but now that I know HOW to fix it whenever it pops off again I will just put another on.
Here's what you need to do lazerblazer. Remove the center console. On mine it was 4 screws and the gear shift knob. Then remove the rubber handle off the handle. Take a wire nut, the kind that screw two wires together used in electrical work, onto the shaft. Don't forget to put the spring on first. I used needle nosed pliers. It works better if you lock the brake handle in the up position, as the shaft will protrude more. Make sure the wire nut is about the same size as the shaft. You still have the old plastic cap that pooped off, just eyeball it you should be fine. The orange size worked for me.

Removing the rubber covering on the handle is a pain. I ended up cutting it with a razor knife to get it off. A little gaff to close the wound and it is rockin.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top