JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going in to NW gun law tomorrow to sign the paperwork on my trust so I am all excited. I figured I would just be able to walk in someplace and say 'hey, I got a trust get me on the wait list for a stamp!" So I stopped in Rainer Arms tonight (simply because they are between my shop and my house) and said I want a AAC 762 SDN-6 and a Silencerco Sparrow! He said "Too bad!" we have them on order but it could be months before we get them back in stock.

So what are my other options? I know SAA has a few suppressors but I have no idea what they carry.

I am new to this whole deal. These will be my first NFA transactions but I want to hurry up and wait!

I do plan on doing a Efile form 1 lower. I have a couple of AR pistols that would lend themselves
well to becoming SBR's

My biggest hope though is to get "something" bought in the way of a suppressor. Its been a long time coming to get this squared away and ploping down the cash to get on the list is a priority but it wont do me any good if I cant find what I want.. The .22 can I am less picky about. Any high quality one that is under an inch I will be happy with. As far as the .30 cal can though I will buy a AAC simply because I already got a grand tide up in mounts.

I have both of the ones you've picked and I am very pleased with both of them.
The Sparrow is very quiet and easy to clean and the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 works extremely well with my SBR .300 Blackout. No regrets.

If you really want then shop around for few more shops to see if they carry what you want in hand. From what I know if you buy suppressor from SS then you have to wait 2-3 months for them to transfer to your local class3 dealer. Then you have to wait at least four months for it to transfer to you. Why not shop around save you 2-3 months of waiting (sometime can be longer because they may submit the wrong serial of the item) buy what you hold on your hand fastest way to get release from atf.

I have invation tac65, gemtech out back and silencero sparrow 22...honestly all 3 sound exactly the same, cant tell the different in 22lr. The advantage of sparrow is that it rated for 17hmr (it says that on their product booklet). I have savage 17hmr and i have the ammo but silly me no time to shoot that combo yet :)

For 30 cal I would wait for omega 7.62. I would buy that because it smaller lighter and newer technology. Aac 7.62snd6 are couple years old technology already, personal I dont think it is the best. If you worry about you invested so much in mount then dont worry, there a lot of people out their willing to buy your mount.:)

OMEGA direct thread is what I am waiting.

Just dont jump in there.....remember these things are with you for life:D not worth it to sell....take your time and do your homework;) There are just so many options out there it will make your head spin....

I like my Warlock II. VERY lightweight. As such, you can only use it with .22 long rifle (or lower powered). NO .22 mag or .17HMR. Still, it rocks on my .22/45 lite and my Charger(which is it's intended purpose).
I am now looking at an Omega and an Osprey. Omega for a hunting rifle, and the .45 Osprey for a SBR .38 special lever gun (among others).

I would agree your better off to find someone in your state that has what you want in stock. If you buy from another dealer you will pay for the can, tax and a transfer fee for the receiving dealer. If you can't find what you want locally I would recommend calling Jason at JC Weaponry. He pretty much always beats silencer shops prices. AAC makes great stuff I have a ti-rant in NFA jail waiting now also you can look at silencerco saker will work with your current mounts.

I made a deal with Chip. I am meeting him tomorrow to give him fist fulls of money so I can wait for half a year to plink quietly

I am getting a Saker 7.62 and a Specter II

I made a deal with Chip. I am meeting him tomorrow to give him fist fulls of money so I can wait for half a year to plink quietly

I am getting a Saker 7.62 and a Specter II

I just found out over the weekend my normal guy quit.... I will now make the drive to see Chip also I think....

What made you go with the Saker?

Well it was a pretty simple set of criteria that convinced me that's what I should have, Its the only thing anyone anyplace close to me had in stock that would work with the 8 or so 51T mounts I already have :D

Everybody local is waiting on AAC orders, nobody has a 7.62 can. After reading a bit about the Saker though I dont think i would even consider the AAC. (not really, if its what was in stock and the Saker wasn't I would have bought one) The Saker has a twin paw attachment for the AAC 51T mount and supposedly is a lot more secure than the AAC single paw system. It also has a replaceable end cap you switch out for 5.56 The 7.62 can with the 5.56 cap is actually a couple DB quieter than the SilencerCo 5.56 can.

With the 51T mount it is considerably more expensive than the AAC unit, but really the whole idea of spending thousands of dollars to play in the NFA game is a bit silly. Might as well have the neatest toy you can.

Chip was friendly, helpful and seemed like an all around good guy. The only bad part of my whole experience yesterday was the drive up and back. 4+ hours of sitting in stop and go traffic has a way of putting a damper on a otherwise exciting day.

Oh there was one other bad thing. I had several thousand dollars in cash set aside to take up there, I actually intended to see if I could make a better deal with cash but it the deal was pretty cut and dried and was what it was. I never even mentioned paying with cash. Didn't even think about it till I got to the end of my driveway to check the mail (two and a half hours after I left Chip's) and realized the money was not in my pocket. A quick search of the car turned up nothing. When I was leaving the shop to head up there I had the gun trust in a binder and the cash in an envelope sitting on top. I had to go to Office Max to make copies of the trust and so I figured someplace between the shop and Chip's getting in and out of the car I must have dropped it, lost it or who knows what. I was running late, not sure how long it was going to take to get up there with traffic and a bit scatter brained rushing around.

I hoped back in the car to head to the shop to look around and see if I could find it ( 17 miles away)

I got to the shop looked all over where I was parked, between there and the shop, looked where I thought the trust binder and cash had been sitting and nothing. I thought "Man, those suppressors ended up being REALLY expensive" I had just about given up when I found the envelope sitting next to the wash up sink. Must have set it down to wash my hands or something. Quite a relief. If I would have lost that dough I am not sure I would have ever felt good about buying the suppressors. Every time I took them out I would have thought about losing that two grand:(

Yeah I do not think it matters when paying for a NFA item. It is what it is.......you are kind of stuck paying the asking price.

Well now your wait begins and hopefully it is all worth it in the end;)

Last Edited:
Wait times have improved significantly. I waited over 11 months for my first suppressor, a SS Sparrow. My most recent stamps came in just over 3 months, a MAC10/45 and a Bowers VERS 9s suppressor.

I don't think you'll have to wait 6 months.

Well, If I expect 6 months and it comes back in 3 I will be a happy camper. If I expect it in 3 and it takes 6 I wont.....

Ah, who am I kidding. Waiting a week is too long :(

Wait times have improved significantly. I waited over 11 months for my first suppressor, a SS Sparrow. My most recent stamps came in just over 3 months, a MAC10/45 and a Bowers VERS 9s suppressor.

I don't think you'll have to wait 6 months.

Well my last one was January and still waiting.....

My Eform was faster.....wish they could figure it out again....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top