JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I really don't want to fill it out. I'm pretty sure that big brother knows where to find me via tax information.

It ask's the following:

#1) How many people were living in this dwelling as of Apr 1st. 2010.

#2) Were there anyadditional people staying here Apr 1st. 2010 that you did not include in question #1. :huh::huh::huh:

#3) Is this a house,Apartment or mobile home.

#4) What is your telephone number.

#5) please provide information for each person living here. Start with a person living here who rents or owns this dwelling. If the owner or renter lives somewhere else start with any adult living here. This person will be #1(on a list of 12 people).

#6) What is 1's sex.

#7)What is 1's age and what is 1's date of birth.

Note: Both question 8 about hispanic origin and question 9 about race . For this census hispanic origins are not races. :confused:

#8) Is person 1 hispanic,latino or spanish origin.

#9) What is 1's race.

#10) Does person 1 sometime live or stay somewhere else.

Okay, you get the idea here. Questions #5 through #10 repeat 12 more times on the form.

Now I am required by "LAW" to fill out this form and return it. My first thought was "SHOVE IT"!!!!! I would rather play with a rabid gopher before I do something like answer this form...........Then I thought about it and read the form carefully.

It doesn't say anywhere that I have to answer this form honestly or truthfully.

So, I'm thinking about filling in the resident names as Disney characters.
Yes.....that's it, Goofy, Mini, Daisy, Dopey,Grumpy and so on!

:D

P.S. I'm open to any name suggestions as I have 12 spaces to fill :s0155:

I answered 1, 2, 6, my age only in 7, and 10. Just leave the ones blank you don't want to answer.

I think #1 is the only one you are required to fill out by law.

Jack McHoff
Barak Obama
Maryln Monroe
Ted Kenneday
Mickey Rooney

I'm sure you can come up with some others.

The census is for representation and statistical information, all answers are protected from anyone viewing (including other agencies) for a period of 70 years. And participation is required by law.

I pretty much filled everything, except for birth dates (ages and year born should be enough), and our names. I was soooo tempted to enter cartoon characters names but refrained. Just left them blank.

I marked out my street address (not city and state, though), although I think they can still back track it to me thru the bar code.

Guys, it is illegal to falsify the census, if you choose to do so, that is your own choice, but illegal actions are not supported here.

United States Code, Title 13 (Census), Chapter 7 (Offenses and Penalties), SubChapter II:

221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

* (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

* (b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

* (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Sec. 222. Giving suggestions or information with intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population

Whoever, either directly or indirectly, offers or renders to any officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof engaged in making an enumeration of population under subchapter II, IV, or V of chapter 5 of this title, any suggestion, advice, information or assistance of any kind, with the intent or purpose of causing an inaccurate enumeration of population to be made, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Unless the survey is sent certified mail, they have no way of proving you ever received it to begin with...

Silly lawmakers...

Right, and if you don't send it back, the government will waste money sending census takers to your house over and over again until you either give in or they decide to quit going back.

I will gladly answer what the constitution requires, how many people live here. If that is not good enough, then i will pay $100 fine, seems a small price to pay to keep some privacy.

I don't see any reason to falsify the census. There is a time and place to joke around. Filling out government paperwork is not the time to make jokes. Big brother already knows everything he wants to know about you. Messing around on your census would only bring negative attention to you. Fill it out honestly. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN OF THE USA!

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. The next thing in line is the mark Bar Coad on your wrist so you can get your tax return, pay your taxes. I know we have been doing census's for a long time but times are a little different now. We didn't just show up on the Oregon trail and they are trying to see how many people are in the new land. As far as a fine of $100 ok and if you don't pay what they take your house your $ then put you in reeducation camps. Sounds a little like what was that little mans war called o ya Hittler.

Wow, there is a lot of paranoia on here....

Does anyone actually know where the census data goes?

Or how much data the government can buy/demand about you from Choicepoint or any of the other private aggregators out there? The answer to the second question is "an awful lot more than is on that census form."

Or how much data the government can buy/demand about you from Choicepoint or any of the other private aggregators out there? The answer to the second question is "an awful lot more than is on that census form."

You do realize that "The Government" cannot even access the census records? :s0114:

The only people that can view the records is the Census Bureau, and they are not allowed to give this information an anyone until 70 years has elapsed. The president himself could not go in and ask for a record. This law has been upheld in court when the FBI attempted to secure records for arrest warrants.

There is a purpose for the census, and it is not to control you, or find out where you live, it is for statistical data, simply that.

If you chose to believe that the Census Bureau is out to get you, then you may want to look into your life choices, but please do not encourage, or discuss any illegal activity on here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top