Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So, I got a Census survey in the mail......

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Russianfist, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

I really don't want to fill it out. I'm pretty sure that big brother knows where to find me via tax information.

It ask's the following:

#1) How many people were living in this dwelling as of Apr 1st. 2010.

#2) Were there anyadditional people staying here Apr 1st. 2010 that you did not include in question #1. :huh::huh::huh:

#3) Is this a house,Apartment or mobile home.

#4) What is your telephone number.

#5) please provide information for each person living here. Start with a person living here who rents or owns this dwelling. If the owner or renter lives somewhere else start with any adult living here. This person will be #1(on a list of 12 people).

#6) What is 1's sex.

#7)What is 1's age and what is 1's date of birth.

Note: Both question 8 about hispanic origin and question 9 about race . For this census hispanic origins are not races. :confused:

#8) Is person 1 hispanic,latino or spanish origin.

#9) What is 1's race.

#10) Does person 1 sometime live or stay somewhere else.

Okay, you get the idea here. Questions #5 through #10 repeat 12 more times on the form.

Now I am required by "LAW" to fill out this form and return it. My first thought was "SHOVE IT"!!!!! I would rather play with a rabid gopher before I do something like answer this form...........Then I thought about it and read the form carefully.

It doesn't say anywhere that I have to answer this form honestly or truthfully.

So, I'm thinking about filling in the resident names as Disney characters.
    Yes.....that's it, Goofy, Mini, Daisy, Dopey,Grumpy and so on!

:D

P.S. I'm open to any name suggestions as I have 12 spaces to fill :thumbup:

2. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I answered 1, 2, 6, my age only in 7, and 10. Just leave the ones blank you don't want to answer.

I think #1 is the only one you are required to fill out by law.

3. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Jack McHoff
    Barak Obama
    Maryln Monroe
    Ted Kenneday
    Mickey Rooney

I'm sure you can come up with some others.

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

The census is for representation and statistical information, all answers are protected from anyone viewing (including other agencies) for a period of 70 years. And participation is required by law.

5. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

I pretty much filled everything, except for birth dates (ages and year born should be enough), and our names. I was soooo tempted to enter cartoon characters names but refrained. Just left them blank.

I marked out my street address (not city and state, though), although I think they can still back track it to me thru the bar code.

6. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Add an extra line to the barcode.

7. Reco

Reco Portland Oregon Active Member

Someone told me they had to put there SSN on this survey I find that hard to believe with all the ID theft out there.

8. damien8246

damien8246 So. King County, WA New Member

I answered my name as Em Ef. Just spelled out how my initials sound. And for race, I crossed out White and wrote in American. The rest of the questions, I'm sure the they already know.

9. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

No SSN was found is the form.

10. PhysicsGuy

Guys, it is illegal to falsify the census, if you choose to do so, that is your own choice, but illegal actions are not supported here.

11. wyattburp

wyattburp Beaverton Member

Unless the survey is sent certified mail, they have no way of proving you ever received it to begin with...

Silly lawmakers...

12. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Right, and if you don't send it back, the government will waste money sending census takers to your house over and over again until you either give in or they decide to quit going back.

13. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

I will gladly answer what the constitution requires, how many people live here. If that is not good enough, then i will pay $100 fine, seems a small price to pay to keep some privacy.

14. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I don't see any reason to falsify the census. There is a time and place to joke around. Filling out government paperwork is not the time to make jokes. Big brother already knows everything he wants to know about you. Messing around on your census would only bring negative attention to you. Fill it out honestly. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN OF THE USA!

15. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I filled my Census out in crayon.

Also, there are 13 Pacific Islander transsexuals that live here at my address, among other things.. :D

16. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

Yep they are required to do a head count ever 10 yrs. the rest is way out of line.

17. Bigd6943

Bigd6943 In the all year rain state Active Member

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. The next thing in line is the mark Bar Coad on your wrist so you can get your tax return, pay your taxes. I know we have been doing census's for a long time but times are a little different now. We didn't just show up on the Oregon trail and they are trying to see how many people are in the new land. As far as a fine of $100 ok and if you don't pay what they take your house your $ then put you in reeducation camps. Sounds a little like what was that little mans war called o ya Hittler.

18. PhysicsGuy

Wow, there is a lot of paranoia on here....

Does anyone actually know where the census data goes?

19. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Or how much data the government can buy/demand about you from Choicepoint or any of the other private aggregators out there? The answer to the second question is "an awful lot more than is on that census form."

20. PhysicsGuy

You do realize that "The Government" cannot even access the census records? :laugh:

The only people that can view the records is the Census Bureau, and they are not allowed to give this information an anyone until 70 years has elapsed. The president himself could not go in and ask for a record. This law has been upheld in court when the FBI attempted to secure records for arrest warrants.

There is a purpose for the census, and it is not to control you, or find out where you live, it is for statistical data, simply that.

If you chose to believe that the Census Bureau is out to get you, then you may want to look into your life choices, but please do not encourage, or discuss any illegal activity on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.