JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had room to spare before when I just had stuff laid in there. Sure, it was a pain to find stuff, but I bought four bins from Walmart and although they hold the stuff they don't all 4 fit in the trunk. UGH!

Guess I will go back to digging for things when I need them, which is rare but still...would have been nice to have it organized in specific bins...

Bins...

-Dry firewood for emergency camping/bug out with hatchet and bow saw, etc..
-Car repair stuff, fixaflatx3, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, coolant, oil, radiator stop leak, etc. etc.
-Camping food and water, grill, camping cookware, bottle of Crown, etc.
-Bin with wool blanket, sleeping bag, spare clothes, etc.

Such a tight fit that my spare tool box, get home bag, gas can, etc. now don't fit and I have ZERO room to spare....whereas before I had room to spare but had to dig to find things. Any ideas?

Packing wood?...That's what she said.

On a serious note take the wood out and dip small pieces of cardboard in paraffin wax. We live in the NW and trees and burnable squaw wood are plentiful.

Such a tight fit that my spare tool box, get home bag, gas can, etc. now don't fit and I have ZERO room to spare....whereas before I had room to spare but had to dig to find things. Any ideas?

Save space with paraffin soaked cardboard and pack spray cheese. The slices last for months in the fridge. Spray cheese doesn't even need to be in the fridge! :s0115:

We live in the NW and trees and burnable squaw wood are plentiful.
Sooo... by "trees" you mean fence posts?
images.jpeg-5.jpg

Oregon liquor stores typically stack empty boxes outside for people to take and re-use. Maybe try different sizes and shapes in your trunk until you know exactly what you like.

The shelves in my shed and garage are so well stocked with liquor boxes (full of toys and tools) that I must look like a serious boozer. Some boxes are very strong, wholly superior to others. Driving toward my local box supplier, I can spot certain colors and shapes even from the highway. Bingo!!! They have Tanqueray, Crown Royal and Jameson!

Oregon liquor stores typically stack empty boxes outside for people to take and re-use. Maybe try different sizes and shapes in your trunk until you know exactly what you like.

The shelves in my shed and garage are so well stocked with liquor boxes (full of toys and tools) that I must look like a serious boozer. Some boxes are very strong, wholly superior to others. Driving toward my local box supplier, I can spot certain colors and shapes even from the highway. Bingo!!! They have Tanqueray, Crown Royal and Jameson!
Costco has some pretty heavy duty cardboard boxes they offer my every time I shop. They also have these which are really handy, but don't put more than maybe 50 pounds in them because the bottom will push out. But boy do I have a lot of these now.

Let me guess. The bins aren't exactly shaped like actual rectangular prisms, but tapered down to the bottom?

May I suggest this...

1 bin for firewood

1 sports duffel bag for the car stuff

A waterproof large dry bag for the soft stuff

Keep camp cook stuff loose?

Last Edited:
I ended up just putting the stuff back in there but organized/stuffed in their respective spots. My trunk is pretty full but it helps in the winter for traction. My trunk is set up to allow me to go on an immediate week long camping trip from wherever I'm at (basically a large get home bag that allows me to stick out a situation). I'm talking soap, tooth brush, food, water, get home bag, bug repellent, tent, firewood, car fix it stuff, spare tool box with tools, a little bit of booze, road atlas, camping chairs, sleeping pad, tarp, extra clothes, waterproof boots, etc.

Not putting it all in bins or bags allows me to stick stuff into every empty little space.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top