JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 410 youth model shotgun at a pawnshop here in Oregon. It seemed too short when I got it but questioned it to the bare minimum(to ensure minimal liability) and when home.

Fast forward a couple months and I decide to get rid of it, with limited success as the it became more and more apparent from other members and from my own understanding that I had a problem. I was sold a shotgun that did not meet legal length and could not sell it.

Luckily I got some playtime with it before the thing was taken. I wanted to sell it so I called ATF to get confirmation that it was legal. It was not. He told me I could get a refund but that I had to take it to the pawn shop and have it confiacated.

I didn't care about the outcome as long as I got my money back. And I'm not behind bars soooooo ya I'm good

Keep all paper work that says that you turned in the shotgun to the ATF...
I'd also "scrub" / delete all photos you might have of yourself and this gun that are out and about.

Also I am glad that you didn't get "dinged " by someone else's "gunsmith" work...but I 'm not sure that I'd go on the internet and talk 'bout it either....sounds to me like you got lucky.
Andy

Please update us if any cheap machine thugs are in stock. PizzZed and would need satisfaction from shop or ATF tugging the shop around.
HOW SHORT WE TALKIN THOUGH...CAUSE IFS 14"is questionable to your eye. Use a tape. 10yrs of cryin possible...
NEGLIGENT
NOW IF YOUR TALKIN 17 1/2 uhhhh
But.....
So the ATF TOLD YOU...." Yeah whenever man ...whatever..take it there bring here keep it " ?.....
OR DID LEO MEET YOU AT PAWN BROKER FOLLOWING DAY
LOTS OF NEGLIGENCE...WAIT DO YOU LIVE IN PORTLANDIA ?
:s0133::s0133::s0128:

Please update us if any cheap machine thugs are in stock. PizzZed and would need satisfaction from shop or ATF tugging the shop around.
HOW SHORT WE TALKIN THOUGH...CAUSE IFS 14"is questionable to your eye. Use a tape. 10yrs of cryin possible...
NEGLIGENT
NOW IF YOUR TALKIN 17 1/2 uhhhh
But.....
So the ATF TOLD YOU...." Yeah whenever man ...whatever..take it there bring here keep it " ?.....
OR DID LEO MEET YOU AT PAWN BROKER FOLLOWING DAY
LOTS OF NEGLIGENCE...WAIT DO YOU LIVE IN PORTLANDIA ?
:s0133::s0133::s0128:
You could call it Portland. The barrel was officially measured at 15 1/4." The ATF agent of Portland then had me meet him at the pawnshop where he took possession of the gun after that with no paperwork. I'm sure the pawn shop had some explaining to do.

What the shop sold you is an unregistered item that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in the federal prison system, a $100—250K fine, and loss of your 2A rights forever. If it were me, I would never set foot in that establishment again.

And agreed with @AndyinEverson's post above. Good to hear it worked out with the ATF going the abandonment route. It doesn't take too much imagination to envision a far worse scenario playing out.

You could call it Portland. The barrel was officially measured at 15 1/4." The ATF agent of Portland then had me meet him at the pawnshop where he took possession of the gun after that with no paperwork. I'm sure the pawn shop had some explaining to do.

No paperwork? I have never heard of any government agency not having piles of paperwork.

What the shop sold you is an unregistered item that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in the federal prison system, a $100—250K fine, and loss of your 2A rights forever. If it were me, I would never set foot in that establishment again.

And agreed with @AndyinEverson's post above. Good to hear it worked out with the ATF going the abandonment route. It doesn't take too much imagination to envision a far worse scenario playing out.
I totally agree with it being much worse. I find people get themselves in BIG trouble when not completely honest. Which I did because I won't risk my stuff over it.

I saw a sawed offed shotgun turned in at a gun buy back a few years ago and the local police didn't say a word, just checked to see if it was empty and the guy received his Fred Meyers gift card.
I talked to the guy on his way into the event and he told me that he was a retired LEO and had taken it off a bad guy and had hung onto it for over twenty years.
He was moving out of state and decided that he would cash in on it instead of cutting it up.

I checked 99 Pawn on google and their reviews are not too good. Lowballing value, overpricing, as well as damaged and missing stuff. I personally would steer clear.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top