JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a personal experience with them..I live very close to them,so myself and another well known member here decided to use them for a transfer.
They charged BOTH of us $60,buyer AND seller!
Luckily for me,the other member was much more forgiving and decided to foot the bill himself. We both left a pretty scathing review.
I've never set foot in there again,and I wish them nothing but ill will.:mad:

Ive only been to 99pawn once and it was because the buyer had insisted we do transfer there. He paid $35 for bgc/transfer and this was back in May. I found it strange that on one side of the parking lot were the guns and across to the other side was where you did the paperwork. Go figure. They have a lot of overpriced crap.

From what I've heard the ATF is chronically understaffed and underfunded, This particular ATF agent might simply have better things to do, then go after a individual who bought a firearm in good faith... Might be a bad sign for the Pawnshop though...

I worked down the street from that place. The gal behind th counter seemed desperate to sell anything in the store...nothing of which I needed.

I suppose you could have swapped barrels and called good, but what do I know...

I've bought guns for less then that.

Ditto. Albeit many years ago, but still.

I suppose you could have swapped barrels and called good, but what do I know...
If the barrel was even close, could a choke, brake or barrel extension be silver soldered on? That's probably illegal too.

From the NFA Handbook:

Section 2.5 Removal of firearms from the scope of the NFA by modification/elimination of components.
Firearms, except machineguns and silencers, that are subject to the NFA fall within the various definitions due to specific features. If the particular feature that causes a firearm to be regulated by the NFA is eliminated or modified, the resulting weapon is no longer an NFA weapon. For example, a shotgun with a barrel length of 15 inches is an NFA weapon. If the 15- inch barrel is removed and disposed of, the remaining firearm is not subject to the NFA because it has no barrel. Likewise, if the 15 inch barrel is modified by permanently attaching an extension such that the barrel length is at least 18 inches and the overall length of the weapon is at least 26 inches, the modified firearm is not subject to the NFA. NOTE: an acceptable method for permanently installing a barrel extension is by gas or electric steel seam welding or the use of high temperature silver solder having a flow point of 1100 degrees Fahrenheit.

I saw a sawed offed shotgun turned in at a gun buy back a few years ago and the local police didn't say a word, just checked to see if it was empty and the guy received his Fred Meyers gift card.
I talked to the guy on his way into the event and he told me that he was a retired LEO and had taken it off a bad guy and had hung onto it for over twenty years.
He was moving out of state and decided that he would cash in on it instead of cutting it up.

OMG, a cop that did something illegal? Say it isn't so..... :rolleyes:

I had a personal experience with them..I live very close to them,so myself and another well known member here decided to use them for a transfer.
They charged BOTH of us $60,buyer AND seller!
Luckily for me,the other member was much more forgiving and decided to foot the bill himself. We both left a pretty scathing review.
I've never set foot in there again,and I wish them nothing but ill will.:mad:

$120 for a transfer?! WTF? :eek:

I've bought guns for less then that.
So have I! That's so far out of line. I'm pretty sure I would have apologized to the seller and told him I could not abide by that. If we couldn't find another FFL convenient to him I'd have bought him a beer.

No paperwork? I have never heard of any government agency not having piles of paperwork.
Ever work customs? Plenty of stuff just gets through.

An old professor, who will remain nameless, came from another country with a bunch of paperwork. When the guy in customs looked at all of it, he decided to just tell him to go through to avoid the mountains of paperwork.

I would assume because the ATF was taking the shotgun from the pawn shop they would be the ones dealing with the paper work. As the OP returned it for a refund it was no longer in his possession when the confiscation took place. But good grief know what your buying.

OMG, a cop that did something illegal? Say it isn't so..... :rolleyes:
My great grandfather LA county sheriff deputy had quite the gun collection on his wall. Sawed off's , machine guns etc. . He had the only Schnellfeuer Mauser Ive ever seen. First machine gun I ever shot in fact in the hills of Los Angeles when I was 7 or 8. Dozens of guns, hundred of switchblades all over the walls. Every one confiscated at some point during a long career. Thats how it was back in the day. When he died his cop buddies came and cleared the place out leaving barely a crumb. Only thing they left was a Remington Derringer and a 1848 Colt . I have both.

My dealings with the ATF have always been positive. When i had on 02/07 they were always there to help.

What model shotgun was this? My first thought, if it were a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870, for example, is buy a new barrel and get rid of the other one. Of course if it's a fixed barrel like a break-barrel, single shot, then that's a no go.

And yeah, 99 Pawn is crap, and that's being kind. Haven't done business with them in years. Plenty of other good places to go. Makes me feel dirty just driving by ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top