JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm 5'6", 116 lbs, run regularly and don't eat much meat, but I like my occasional beef burger every once in a while lol. I'm not a vegan, I'm not against meat consumption etc. Running is a great all around exercise, boring, but keeps you lean and feeling good. Trail running also is great, but with this virus, the tread mill it is for now. Mt. Si is great run, and will keep you looking good with those up hill switch backs.
Is your Duc in the bikes thread?

Is your Duc in the bikes thread?
Maybe. But here it is lol, just low enough where I can sit on one leg at traffic lights.

20160502_213805.jpg

My job doesn't permit much movement as it is all behind a desk.
The last two years I have more resembled the Macys day parade floats....

The good thing is this stress from a dozen things has allowed me to drop about 20lbs in the last month. So that's a positive eh?

I've lost a bit, too... not so much stress, but man do I miss restaurants! Laid off the beer to keep my immune system cranked up on high, that probably helps, too.

Still hovering around #240 5'11'' which is #50 over!:(
Despite the Keto and work outs, the pounds just don't seem to be dropping, but the muscles are building, which I don't want or need!
Changed up my work out to high stress, low impact and finally started to see some loss around the middle, and six pack is starting to poke through the keg finally! I cannot run, so it is ether a bike machine, or the swimming pool for me, and with this virus, unless I put on a wet suit and go swim the river, it's the cycle for me! :(
Wife gained a bunch, and she needed to, ( don't tell her that) so i'm not always asking her if I need to get here a cheese burger!
WE have the little ones here full time and my Bride and her Mom are cooking like mad wimmins who won the lottery!
Need to lay off the home baked awesomeness, and focus more on the Keto and stop with the excuses!

Balance helps a lot... if you say "I can never have this again" you only end up having cravings which ultimately break the diet. Better to take a little break here and there to manage the urges, even if it means a slower rate of shed.

Diets take pounds off but not keep 'em off, keeping it off requires lifestyle change. And if your lifestyle isn't comfortable, human nature is you're not gonna stay "changed" for long...

I'm within a few pounds of where I like to stay, but back when I wasn't, my strategy that worked was pretty much to eat the same stuff I did before, but less of it. By keeping an eye on the scale, and adjusting quantities, I found the sweet spot where I stayed even, and then decreased it a bit.

That being said, I intentionally have had restrictions on WHAT I'm willing to eat, even before losing the weight. Avoid "corporate" food... McD's, etc, don't drink soda every day, avoid stuff with a lot of fat in it, like don't load butter or mayo on all the things. 1 spoon of sugar in my coffee... :)

I admire those of you that are actually working out, I can't seem to bring myself to do much more than the exercise I get at work, and at the range.

I've dropped 25lbs in the last 6 months or so. amazing what stress will do to your diet. the wife did make some of my grandmas gum drop cookies a few days ago though. probably gained at least a pound back.

74, 6'0" about 202. I ate and drank like there was no tomorrow while watching the market and Worldometers Covid-19 numbers for about the initial three weeks of the Washington stay home - packed on probably 5 lbs., then decided that was decidedly stupid. I have a Body Solid functional trainer (200lbs in each of two columns), bench and ersatz TRX in the pole barn, so working out again, M, W, F. My plan is to get down to about 175 by my 75th (in September), so I can plan on being a decent looking corpse when the time comes.

I can't keep any sweets in the house because they call to me in the middle of the night - (faint whisper) "eat me, eat me." So, being by myself, I don't buy and therefore don't eat. I kick myself from time to time about not having the sweet stuff, but on balance it works.

Doing better now, getting into the shop and taking care of the property. Warmer weather and longer days help.

74, 6'0" about 202. I ate and drank like there was no tomorrow while watching the market and Worldometers Covid-19 numbers for about the initial three weeks of the Washington stay home - packed on probably 5 lbs., then decided that was decidedly stupid. I have a Body Solid functional trainer (200lbs in each of two columns), bench and ersatz TRX in the pole barn, so working out again, M, W, F. My plan is to get down to about 175 by my 75th (in September), so I can plan on being a decent looking corpse when the time comes.

I can't keep any sweets in the house because they call to me in the middle of the night - (faint whisper) "eat me, eat me." So, being by myself, I don't buy and therefore don't eat. I kick myself from time to time about not having the sweet stuff, but on balance it works.

Doing better now, getting into the shop and taking care of the property. Warmer weather and longer days help.

Looks like a GSD in your avatar. Keeping mine sufficiently entertained at least keeps me active. I try to take her for a secret hike in the woods each day after work.

Looks like a GSD in your avatar. Keeping mine sufficiently entertained at least keeps me active. I try to take her for a secret hike in the woods each day after work.

The one in my avatar and my female (both 10 years old) have 10 acres of fenced field to roam in - plus deer and rabbits if they feel like giving chase. So far as I can tell, the dogs and the deer have reached an agreement - the deer don't run - thus not showing that they're prey - and so long as the deer don't run, the dogs don't chase them. It's all kumbaya.

I've been stress eating since this thing started. Donuts, Hershey's choc, Reese's, Kit Kats... Oh my, I'm putting back on the pounds that I lost when I was sick a month ago. And probably more.

And I haven't seen 210 for a long long time...:p

My. Drum stick icecream did not last long and gave me a sugar head ache .:oops:
But boy did it taste good .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR