JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a few weeks ago, I really forget, it's all like one big Groundhog Day, I went to the store for my end of the world fixins and decided to pick up some treats to last, oh, a couple months to make life just grand in the expected but unknown hard times.
I ate those treats in two days and have been back to the store for more goodies a couple more times. I forget. Did get a Flying Pie pizza a couple days ago because Flying Pie pizza.
But I've been fairly good really, especially lately.
I've put on about eight pounds since this all started though.
I am weak. And fat.

Like the freshman 15, they are calling it the Covid 15.

I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, now they are breakfast lunch and dinner!

I've been stress eating since this thing started. Donuts, Hershey's choc, Reese's, Kit Kats... Oh my, I'm putting back on the pounds that I lost when I was sick a month ago. And probably more.

And I haven't seen 210 for a long long time...:p

I've been lucky; overall the complications of not being able to maintain my carefully tuned keto diet have been reduced rate of loss, not yet a net gain. Despite two back-to-back weekly gains of a half-pound, I still managed to post a monthly drop of two and stay in the 195-200 range.

As soon as things open up again, I'm going to take one week to enjoy all the stuff I've been clamped down on from keto to give myself a little "what you can look forward to at goal," then I'm going to hit the keto hard again until I hit 180.

Which is admittedly high for 5'6" when you consider that the Army's hard weight cap for my height at typical enlistment age is 150 and horse cavalrymen could weigh no more than 100-120, but when you take approaching 40 and having a large frame proportional to height into account not as much so--and I'm in better shape now than I was at age 30.

I've managed to put pounds on even while on my chemo treatments. I've had the past ten weeks off and my wife is a good cook and I'm not good at saying no and............ I'm glad to be back working now and getting more physical activity.

I'm 5'8, and about two months ago weighed at 185# and I decided that exercise alone wouldn't kill the weight at 35. I've been eating smaller portions and doing the rowing machine four to five nights per week, and I broke 165# yesterday morning. My goal has been 155#, so we'll see if I can hit my high school weight.

I know that height to weight is not a good measure but it is one I track daily with my bedtime weigh-ins. I check my waistline measure on the first of every month.

I'm 5'9 1/2" and weighed in at 165# last night so I've lost 4 pounds in two weeks by cutting net carbs to less than 50 per day. So, I had a high carb day of spaghetti and pizza which will hold me true to my dietary strategy for another 10 - 14 days. I'll gain a pound today but should lose it in two days.

The tape measure at my waistline tells me an unhealthy truth that at 38" I need to drop at least 3" more to be heart-healthy. I wear 36" waist jeans and they are loose on me even though my gut is 38". That dangerous visceral fat has got to go! So, I'll get back to low carb eating.

About 75LBs. Too much obviously, been around the 420lb mark for awhile now. Too much alcohol and not any exercise is a bad do! I'm 38 and need to change my habits ASAP. Can already start feeling it in my knees.:(

I've actually lost weight. I eat much better when I have more time to cook.

For sweets, my deal with myself is I can eat whatever I want as long as I make it.

Trust me, after you make a whole pie, you don't have much energy left to make ice cream or vice-versa. Really keeps things in check for me.

Dang blueberry muffins from Costco have been my downfall... not buying them anymore lol.

Not on Keto currently so I can eat potatoes and rice with protein but I haven't really gained much.

working out again now that I have the room back in my basement has been a blessing - I can do everything I want with dumbbells and an adjustable bench.

Sitting at 6'1" and 275 lbs. I have a bit of a belly but unless you see me half nekkid you probably wouldn't notice it much.

I'll go back to keto when the world is back to simi normal but the foods I eat normally seem to be going up in price and waiting for unemployment my financial situation is not as great so I'm eating carbs.

A good cigar in the AM and afternoon keeps my appetite pretty low until dinner - thankfully I hoarded a bunch and my humidor is still overflowing lol

Been cooking 2-3 squares a day. Eating lots of fresh veggies, and frozen/deyhdrated from the garden last year.

But bacon chips and ice cream are on the shopping list next week......:s0140:

Coupla' stories. Carrying about 15 too many. Have been on high dose steroids (starting at 95mg/day) for nearing 5 years, due to rejection issues from a stem cell transplant. Those steroids cause weight gain via fat storage and also cause "muscle wasting" so my weakness is made manifest each time I kneel down for something or even climb the stairs. We have been tapering the dose very gradually, hoping not to provoke my transplanted immune system into attacking me again.

Years before that, after my second back surgery, I had gained a lot of weight. So, I gave up most eating for Lent. No food at all on Fridays, and two small meals the other days. It was both a physical and spiritual journey. Lost 35 lbs in 40 days, but was too skinny at the end, so it climbed back up to where it should have been.

The only thing that gets easier as we age is putting things off.

I work at a large campus on the 3rd floor and take the stairs all day. Between being more sedentary while working from home, and binge eating when the GF and I called it quits last week, I've put on almost 15 lbs in the last few weeks. I'm the heaviest I've ever been

I'm 5'6", 116 lbs, run regularly and don't eat much meat, but I like my occasional beef burger every once in a while lol. I'm not a vegan, I'm not against meat consumption etc. Running is a great all around exercise, boring, but keeps you lean and feeling good. Trail running also is great, but with this virus, the tread mill it is for now. Mt. Si is great run, and will keep you looking good with those up hill switch backs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top